HR22-100 Guide is displaying "To be announced"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skybyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Hello,
i got HR22-100 Receiver and i installed a Slimline 5 with one coax going to the receiver through a b band converter. now heres the the thing everything is working but:
1) it need to be plugged through tuner#2 or else no image will appear and will always say searching for satellite signal
2) i cant see anything on the guide it says on all the channel to be announced,
except for my local channels which i can see the guide
3) after 1 h i will have a popup saying contact directv theres a problem with the guide
4) after 7 hours grey screen and it says aquirinfg datat forever.
5) i have very good signal on all satellites including 119
6) i just got it and the guide was working for maybe an hour

what is happening

Last edited:
Hello,
i got HR22-100 Receiver and i installed a Slimline 5 with one coax going to the receiver through a b band converter. now heres the the thing everything is working but:
1) it need to be plugged through tuner#2 or else no image will appear and will always say searching for satellite signal
2) i cant see anything on the guide it says on all the channel to be announced,
except for my local channels which i can see the guide
3) after 1 h i will have a popup saying contact directv theres a problem with the guide
4) after 7 hours grey screen and it says aquirinfg datat forever.
5) i have very good signal on all satellites including 119
6) i just got it and the guide was working for maybe an hour

what is happening

Did they hook up BOTH feeds to the back of the recvr, Sat input 1 and 2 ?

IIRC there's a place in the satellite setup to specify that you have only one tuner connected to the dish, did you set that correctly?

im only using 1 tuner, where should i go to specify only 1 tuner or 2 tuners to be used

IIRC there's a place in the satellite setup to specify that you have only one tuner connected to the dish, did you set that correctly?
I've never had to do this on a Hr20- or r16 to use 1 tuner.
I connect 1 wire, reset the receiver and its fine.
When I added the other wire back for the 2nd tuner, I just reset the receiver again and it was fine.
No of this effected my guide data in the process.

When I added the other wire back for the 2nd tuner, I just reset the receiver again and it was fine.

what are the proper way to do a reset

i did it and it worked for about an hour than all of sudden... it came back to what it was to be announced, 5% of the channel will display the info and the rest to be announced.

im pulling my hair whats hapening. it cant be a bad box

i did it and it worked for about an hour than all of sudden... it came back to what it was to be announced, 5% of the channel will display the info and the rest to be announced.

im pulling my hair whats hapening. it cant be a bad box
Its a Bad Box. Or you are having a signal issue. Call Directv.

Well, since the OP never said if he did or didn't I again recommend to check the satellite dish setup, in there is a field for tuners, make sure that it says single, if it says dual highlite it and change it to single.

I still do NOT think this is correct - if you are using only 1 tuner, you must use input 1 for everything to work properly.

If you can't get it to work otherwise, I say bad box, or maybe even a bad BBC is possible...

well thats what i found odd is that only tuner #2 will display an image or else if in tuner#1 it will say looking for signal....

I will try to test the BBC, if not i well i will have to use it with no guide.

but again its odd that all my local channels displays the guide properly.

Ok, so i was able to bring another feed from my SL5 to the 2nd bbc , now when i did the reset it says searching satellites on tuner 2 error 771...

by accident i hit arrow down twice and a message which i forgot appeared i have hit okay and i was able to watch TV, now i get good signal on tuner 1 but tuner 2 i see 0 on al TP. but starnage with one feed only tuner2 was working.

I would just go through the setup satellite again. you have 2 feeds to the box now, everything should work it's self out on the resetup.

If it doesn't then you know you have a bad box or something more and would need a service call unfortunately.

Ive noticed that since i have added the 2nd wire from the dish to the box, the whole guide is populated Yeah ! ! !

but now tuner #2 is displaying 0 on all TP's, what should i do next guys.

I recommend you reverify the antenna setup, hit "Menu" on the remote then select setup then satellite and then repeat satellite setup and verify that it has the correct dish/LNB setup and since you have two connections now that it shows two tuners.

I recommend you reverify the antenna setup, hit "Menu" on the remote then select setup then satellite and then repeat satellite setup and verify that it has the correct dish/LNB setup and since you have two connections now that it shows two tuners.

i went in tuner setup and i selected dual tuners, on tuner1 signal is in the upper 90 for almost all except 103 and 99 and on tuner 2 its all 0. dish SL5 and multiswitch (im not using SWM)

Status
Please reply by conversation.