HR22-100 SLOW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
0K what to do the HR22 are slow and no fix. :rant:So do i wait for the HR24-500 or buy a HR23-100

Manuals are fun.

Select “HDTV” and then select either “Video”, “TV Ratio” or “TV
Resolution”.

Before you get started, you may want to review
Appendix 3, About High-Definition, which describes HD formats and
resolutions.

Set your preference for the following screen options: Native, Screen
Format and Bar Color.

Native:
You can turn Native mode ON or OFF. When Native Mode is ON,
your TV auto-changes to match the resolution of the program coming
into the receiver. For example, if Native mode is ON and a program is
being broadcast in 480p, your High-Definition Receiver tells the TV to
show it in that same format. If the next program changes to 1080i, the
receiver tells the TV to change to that format. Native mode slows down
the system’s response time to channel changes since the receiver and
TV must adjust the picture resolution at every channel change. Because
of this, the default setting is OFF. When Native Mode is OFF, your
receiver will display the program at the highest resolution set on the
“TV Resolutions” screen.

Force a software download

If you reset your receiver, wait for the 1st blue screen to reappear. when this does so press 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 on your remote. if successful it will take you to a software download screen after a min or two. if not repeat process. this will force a new software update. it has helped with some of my customers

They are just slow as you use them.
about a day after reset it pretty smooth and thing just get slower and slower, very annoying.

That the HR21-23 are slow is not a revelation. There are thousands of posts to that effect.

That the HR24 is "fast" is certainly debatable in the context of modern HD DVRs, but it is a significant improvement over the earlier HR2x models (even the HR20).

There are a couple of videos on You Tube that compare the speed of the HR24 to an older Plus HD DVR. These should give you some idea as to whether your issues have been sufficiently addressed.

It appear there is no fix

I have searched everywhere for a fix to the slow hr22 problem. Manual Reset, 0-2-4-6-8 at first blue screen, Reformatting the harddrive, turning native off, turning all but one resolution off, you name it and nothing has worked.

What did work for my HR22-100 was to tell it to hide all HD channels (I know that defeats its purpose). That put me back to where I was before upgrading my dish to a SLIMLINE 5S or S5.

By the way, that is when my troubles began. I think some models of the HR22 cannot handle the HD signal sent from the SLIMLINE. I have the one with a shinny finish. I believe there is an opaque finish one out there. Or it could be how long the run of coax cable is to the SWM or Dish. I live in a condo and my run from the roof is, I'm guessing, about 200 feet. Truth is that it all began by upgrading to this dish. I am now only able to see SD channels and I have ordered an HR24.

I hope this helps someone like me. I was pulling my hairs just changing channels or trying to view the guide. Now most things are okay. I can't wait for my HR24.

slow-hr22-user, did you see my response to your other post?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)