Internet Connection Kit Needed? Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Time

Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
North east
Good day to all. Here is my setup I have Whole Home DVD Service, my SWM is located in the basement. H24 in Family Rm (1st floor) HR24 in Bed Room (2nd floor) Wireless router in my office (1st floor) not near Family room. I'm looking to wirelessly connect HR24 to home network. What are my options? Directv wants $75 plus tax to "install" their DCCK. Looking to use iPad app and stream live TV. Thx

Long Time said:
Good day to all. Here is my setup I have Whole Home DVD Service, my SWM is located in the basement. H24 in Family Rm (1st floor) HR24 in Bed Room (2nd floor) Wireless router in my office (1st floor) not near Family room. I'm looking to wirelessly connect HR24 to home network. What are my options? Directv wants $75 plus tax to "install" their DCCK. Looking to use iPad app and stream live TV. Thx

eBay.com search Directv wireless deca (gives the most results)

Saves you some money and hook it up yourself. "How to install" is in the directions . Not bad at all to hook up.

Someone gave you misinformation. D* now offers a wireless connection kit for $25 plus $6.99 shipping and handling. Just order it off the D* site. No installation required. They want the $75 charge for the wired version. You don't need that. It takes a bit of searching, but it is there.

Just put it near your family room TV and all should work fine. (Given that your router is on the same floor.) MORE IMPORTANTLY, do not connect internet directly to HR24 or you kill MRV.

Someone gave you misinformation. D* now offers a wireless connection kit for $25 plus $6.99 shipping and handling. Just order it off the D* site. No installation required. They want the $75 charge for the wired version. You don't need that. It takes a bit of searching, but it is there.

Just put it near your family room TV and all should work fine. (Given that your router is on the same floor.) MORE IMPORTANTLY, do not connect internet directly to HR24 or you kill MRV.

Thanks Bob, I'll check the site and order. Will let you know how it turned out.

Ok I must be dense, I have not be able to find the Kit for purchase anywhere on their site. When I call DTV, they tell me if I have a Whole Home Service I "must" have them install. and the kit is not available for purchase without the install. Help

Long time

Ok I must be dense, I have not be able to find the Kit for purchase anywhere on their site. When I call DTV, they tell me if I have a Whole Home Service I "must" have them install. and the kit is not available for purchase without the install. Help

Long time

Ok,go to your account overview on the DIRECTV website. Hit the tab that says "My Equipment". Hit the "Directv Cinema Connection Kit" & you'll see DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit(Self-Install). Hit "add to cart" & then check out(total price with S&H is $31.99). Now for a disclaimer,I have tried this myself before & I was not able to get the sale to go through. It could of been any sort of reasons from the browser I was using,the fact that I'm using Mac,or the fact that I'm using ATT DSL to order it. If you order it successfully(as I'm sure many others have),good for you. If not,well it happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)