HR22 not picking up Top Gear!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
My HR22, which is horribly slow beyond belief and only 5 months old, refuses to find new episodes of Top Gear. Im irritated to say the least, Is anyone able to have their DVR pick up the new episodes or is this a guide problem?

THanks!
Quinn

If the BBCA series, yes. If the US one, I don't watch it but I think they too have started new episodes.

Are there any new episodes to find?

Yep. New season started MOnday the 23rd. First of all, whatever software update occurred in the last 2 months pretty much wrecked the box, but D* really needs to make the guide tag new episodes of shows. This sucks. Anyone find a way to get the seasons pass to work? Thanks!

"whatever software update occurred in the last 2 months pretty much wrecked the box"

not having any issues with mine (can't comment on the Top Gear thing however)

Have you tried a Reboot ?

I have no problem getting BBCA Top Gear programming, also available on the On Demand, of course it's not the New season your looking for as of yet.

No, how does one reboot? Unplug and power up again? If so, yes. As for BBCA, the new season did just start and everything is in the guide, its just that the HR22 doesnt ID the new episodes as first run.

No, how does one reboot? Unplug and power up again? If so, yes. As for BBCA, the new season did just start and everything is in the guide, its just that the HR22 doesnt ID the new episodes as first run.

You probably have set yours up already to record "First run" already, in the Info section it will say what date it was Originally shown, Air Date I believe it is.
Are you saying yours does not show Air date?
What day and time is it suppose to be on?

I just checked my HR24 and couldn't find any new upcoming episodes either. That means there aren't any, or the guide data provided by Tribune isn't up to date. Neither of these would be because of your HR22.

The reason your DirecTV DVR isn't picking up "NEW" Top Gear episodes on BBC America is because of inaccurate guide data. The "New" Top Gear episodes already aired in England (Hence they are NOT tagged as new) the guide data is using the air date from England. Whom ever supplies the guide data needs to fix it. Apparently BBC America is delaying TOP GEAR by about 4 months.

I think it's stupid. A lot of Top Gear fans will just download the episodes instead of waiting for their airing on BBC America.

John

The reason your DirecTV DVR isn't picking up "NEW" Top Gear episodes on BBC America is because of inaccurate guide data. The "New" Top Gear episodes already aired in England (Hence they are NOT tagged as new) the guide data is using the air date from England. Whom ever supplies the guide data needs to fix it. Apparently BBC America is delaying TOP GEAR by about 4 months.

I think it's stupid. A lot of Top Gear fans will just download the episodes instead of waiting for their airing on BBC America.

John

This seems to be the case. THanks everyone for weighing in and checking your own DVR. Kind of a pita, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of life.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)