HR23-700 with 771 error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottishknight

Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I have a brand new HR23-700 HD DVR box installed by DTV less than one month ago. They used the existing 5 LNB oval antenna and two coax lines. It is the only receiver I have.

Last night I started getting the 771 error on at least two channels: 278 Discovery and 229 HGTV, and there might be others. Other channels I looked at are working fine. A friend in my area is getting those channels okay.

The signal strengths were all in the high 80s or low 90s.

DTV tech had me switch the two coax inputs, reset the receiver (soft) and he reauthorized the box, and no improvement.

They scheduled a service call for next week.

Anybody have any "magic" that might help this problem?

Sorry, newbie here.

I'm not sure which ones I should be checking.

I looked at 3 or 4 of the signal strengths (by clicking on the plus sign) and they were all about the same.

Look at the overview Menu/Settings/Satellite/103c/99c

Check Channels 202 and 362 as well.. and see what Channels 480 and 481 feedback.

Has anything drastic happened? New building in the way.. tree falling in the path, high windstorm, heavy rain? Snow?

Sorry, newbie here.

I'm not sure which ones I should be checking.

I looked at 3 or 4 of the signal strengths (by clicking on the plus sign) and they were all about the same.
You can check all satellites on the screen by clicking the +/- next to the satellite and then the TPs by the +/- next to the TP section. In your case, you need to check the strengths on 99 and 103 as Zynergi said.

I have had multiple instances of HR23's on tuner 2 missing random transponders on the 99 and 103, if that is your problem a box swap should resolve it

Status
Please reply by conversation.