HR23 single wire 775 error, help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
My friend has a Slimline SL3 dish, one wire directly to his HR23, no switch in between, no filters.

He goes through initial setup and gets the error message 775, any advice?

He doesn't need a power inserter? That's only for a switch and multiple receivers?

You do need a power inserter in a swm setup. Just because he has one wire to the dvr doesn't necessarily mean he is using swm. 775 is the error code for a swm not communicating with the lnb. It could be a loose cable, bad power inserter, no power inserter, bad lnb, etc. Can he get the model number of the lnb? If not, do you know how many ports are on the lnb?

You do need a power inserter in a swm setup. Just because he has one wire to the dvr doesn't necessarily mean he is using swm. 775 is the error code for a swm not communicating with the lnb. It could be a loose cable, bad power inserter, no power inserter, bad lnb, etc. Can he get the model number of the lnb? If not, do you know how many ports are on the lnb?

Oh, I know his previous model was a H21 and it worked and I know he has a Slimline SL3 one port and no switches.

So a power inserter wasn't required for H21 but would be for HR23?

Oh, I know his previous model was a H21 and it worked and I know he has a Slimline SL3 one port and no switches.

No, he just verified and my mistake. His SL3 is legacy, 4 port.

No, he just verified and my mistake. His SL3 is legacy, 4 port.

I didn't realize that, doesn't that mean he needs a SWM type switch?

Is there anything he can do in the meantime to get it working one tuner only? Or no matter what he needs a SWM type switch now? If so, what's the smallest one he can get?

No. You are using a dvr, he had a receiver. That's why, like I alluded to, there is one cable but it's not a swm setup. You can connect the one cable and use the dvr as a single tuner dvr by disabling the second tuner through the menu. The HR23 was likely used in a swm setup previously. You have to go through the setup again, choosing multiswitch then sl3 for the lnb type. If you want to use both tuners, you will have to run a second cable or convert to a swm setup by getting a swm lnb and a power inserter. That way you can use one cable for both tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)