HR23

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tommcmanus2966

Original poster
May 2, 2010
Chile
I have the HR23 Directv Decoder connected to my Samsung LN 55B650 HD LCD TV and this is connected to my Yahama Home system using seperate speakers. When I am watching HD channels with the HR23 it appears that the voices are not in sync. On normal SD channels the sync problem does not appear. I get all my 5.1 Channels ok with the Yahama ac-3, it just seems the sound of voices is out of sync, what can I do? I have sent e-mail to Samsung but no reply yet.

Last edited:
With the Sync problem that I am having are there any software updates that address this problem from either Directv and or Samsung HD TV that I could download? With the Yamaha receiver there is an adjustment for the center speaker that delays the sound from .0 to .05 ms, but this has no effect on the lip sync. I even switched HDMI cables, turned the power off and re-connected HDMI cables and turned power back on, no improvements.

Are you using HDMI to the Yamaha Receiver and then another cable from the Yamaha receiver to the TV? You could try a toslink cable for audio and see if that addresses the sync issue. Have you set up the HR23 in the menu for Dolby Digital in the audio section?

Is the audio sync issue on the TV, the Yamaha receiver or both? Many TV's will not process a Dolby Digital signal. You are better off listening to the audio through the receiver only....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts