HR24/100 caller ID again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Ok so here I am again. another HR24/100 receiver that the caller ID quit working. I got a replacement receiver a little over a month ago and this one the caller ID quit again. it worked sporadically at first now it's been NOT working for a week. I have 2 receivers that use the same phone jack this one and a Geni the Geni works fine this one not. I have a splitter on the jack I switched the lines the geni works fine this one doesn't work. took out the splitter and used the Geni line still doesn't work. I did a restart on the receiver I did a refresh from DirecTV's web site still doesn't work. I don't want to call India again and get the run around and have to pay for YET another replacement receiver... I think it's just a bad unit idea's?

I have an off topic question as well. I have had this account for 7 or 8 years I still have 1 of the original receivers from 7 years ago. I have 3 DVR HR receivers a Geni and a slave. I re uped my contract for 2 years back in October of 16 I have no intention of getting rid of it I like it a lot. I originally got this system from a independent retailer a few years ago I signed up and got the geni/slave though DirecTV. Is there a better system receiver option out there? and any chance to get a deal to save some more $ per month?

Thanks in advance gents!

caller id is not even an option on the hr54 or hs17
you have the last units that will have it
it has never worked 100%

the best genei you could get would be the hr54, the hs17 cannot be used with other receivers or dvrs

Ok so here I am again. another HR24/100 receiver that the caller ID quit working. I got a replacement receiver a little over a month ago and this one the caller ID quit again. it worked sporadically at first now it's been NOT working for a week. I have 2 receivers that use the same phone jack this one and a Geni the Geni works fine this one not. I have a splitter on the jack I switched the lines the geni works fine this one doesn't work. took out the splitter and used the Geni line still doesn't work. I did a restart on the receiver I did a refresh from DirecTV's web site still doesn't work. I don't want to call India again and get the run around and have to pay for YET another replacement receiver... I think it's just a bad unit idea's?

I have an off topic question as well. I have had this account for 7 or 8 years I still have 1 of the original receivers from 7 years ago. I have 3 DVR HR receivers a Geni and a slave. I re uped my contract for 2 years back in October of 16 I have no intention of getting rid of it I like it a lot. I originally got this system from a independent retailer a few years ago I signed up and got the geni/slave though DirecTV. Is there a better system receiver option out there? and any chance to get a deal to save some more $ per month?

Thanks in advance gents!

What Genie do you have now? If you are going to get 4K, the only improvement you can get would be to get the HR54 and the 4K client, if you don't have that already. Otherwise, the newest equipment is a downgrade. Stay away! I would think that the caller ID would work on the HR24 and not the Genie but, hey, that's cool if you're getting it on the Genie. Getting it at all is a bonus, really.

Dumb question -have you checked the phone line connected to the hr24 -with a handset? also have you run a system test on the HR24 does it come back with a fault code? or does it pass.

another dumb question going into the menu caller id section is it turned on and somehow just turned it's self off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts