Hr24/100 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
So I have an older receiver that is acting up. it takes forever for it to change channels you get a blank black screen then it changes the channel. the caller ID quit working I tried to force a firm ware update and all it does is hang. it goes super slow gets to about 58% and shuts down turn it back on and it picks up and then starts over again. this was going on for about 3 hours today I just gave up unplugged it let it sit and plugged it back in and it works just sloooowwww under setting looks like it has not had any kind of update since April of this year.... Idea's

How full is the hard drive? A nearly full hard drive can slow a dvr down.

Have you tried doing a search for clearmybox2? It won't find anything, but it may speed up the box. That may help.

Clearmybox ....
Isn't Clearmybox2 only for CE software ?

Yes, CLEARMYBOX 2 (it's supposed to have a space, according to whoever posted it originally) is for CE only. It keeps the CE menu and logging capabilities. Everyone else should just do CLEARMYBOX (so the space and 2 doesn't matter for them anyway).

tried it still does the same thing takes forever to change cannels ... looongg lag time. I have a Genie and that is very fast compared to the one that is acting up!

tried it still does the same thing takes forever to change cannels ... looongg lag time. I have a Genie and that is very fast compared to the one that is acting up!
How long has it been since you did it ... give it some time and see if it helps.

No. I called DirectTv yesterday and talked to their tech department they are swapping out the receiver for me. just cot me $20.00 plus tax. LOL!
I have not called them in a long time their tech department is all people from India? I could hardly understand the dude I know they speak English but God! last time I had an issue I actually spoke to an American they someplace in Oklahoma middle of the country It was a pleasure this call was not a pleasure. Guess when AT&T took over they decided American workers cost too much??? End result it should be fine when I swap it out the dude said 2-5 days to get it. they don't want the old one back he gave me a link off their site to send it to a electronics recycler free of charge. Are these older receivers worth anything to anyone? (ebay) etc???

No. I called DirectTv yesterday and talked to their tech department they are swapping out the receiver for me. just cot me $20.00 plus tax. LOL!
I have not called them in a long time their tech department is all people from India? I could hardly understand the dude I know they speak English but God! last time I had an issue I actually spoke to an American they someplace in Oklahoma middle of the country It was a pleasure this call was not a pleasure. Guess when AT&T took over they decided American workers cost too much??? End result it should be fine when I swap it out the dude said 2-5 days to get it. they don't want the old one back he gave me a link off their site to send it to a electronics recycler free of charge. Are these older receivers worth anything to anyone? (ebay) etc???
Don't blame AT&T, this happened LONG before AT&T had anything to do with it.

Those older recvrs have no value as they are Leased, thus not able to activate on another persons account. Owned (which are very few) can be re-authorized.

I agree any kind of technology support seems to be farmed off shore cost of doing business here is too high! Sad!

Have you tried the Chat successfully yet ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts