HR24-100 & On Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgmncwj

Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Chicago
Hi everybody!
I just got DirecTV service on Wednesday afternoon and since then my On Demand was listing everything but whenever I tried to download something I'd get the message "To Subscribe to this channel go to directv.com or call...". For some reason my account couldn't contain both HD access and On demand at the same time (even though the reps could add it, it would just disappear).

After about 5 different phone calls I discovered that the system currently doesn't think the HR24-100 can do on demand (according to the person in tech support). He changed both my HR24-100s in the system to say they are HR24-500s instead and now everything works as it should!

Just thought I'd post this in case anybody else is having the same issue.

You can only use On Demand on channels you subscribe to.

The HR24 is very capable of using On Demand. How is it connected to the internet?
Also, It can take some time for the DirecTV servers to recognize that your DVR is there.

I guess DirecTV needs to input some parameters for the new version of HR24

Yeah I understand that, but I was seeing that error on every on demand program, from channels as non-premium as SyFy for example. My HR24 is connected properly through the internet connection kit and I could even download the "Welcome to OnDemand" video with no problems.

I waited over 24 hrs since I got my system setup before raising it as a problem. The issue was clearly on DirecTV's side with my account. On Demand wasn't listed at all on my account and everytime a rep would add it, they'd exit my account and re-enter it and it was gone. The only way to get it to stick was to remove HD Access (don't know why that was related at all).

After my fifth call and finally reaching somebody in the correct department he mentioned that this is a known issue w/ this reciever that they have been seeing this week "The system doesn't recognize it as being OnDemand compatible, but we're trying to get it added to the system correctly" He mentioned a quick fix was to just change what the system saw the receiver as. (My account online now lists them as "H24-500"s instead of "HR24-100") After making that change everything has worked great!

Hi everybody!
I just got DirecTV service on Wednesday afternoon and since then my On Demand was listing everything but whenever I tried to download something I'd get the message "To Subscribe to this channel go to directv.com or call...". For some reason my account couldn't contain both HD access and On demand at the same time (even though the reps could add it, it would just disappear).

After about 5 different phone calls I discovered that the system currently doesn't think the HR24-100 can do on demand (according to the person in tech support). He changed both my HR24-100s in the system to say they are HR24-500s instead and now everything works as it should!

Just thought I'd post this in case anybody else is having the same issue.

Thanks for the tip.

Just FYI another thing to do is to log onto your Direct TV account on their site go to "My Equipment Tab" this will show you what equipment you have as well. Make sure it list the correct hardware as well. :)

After my fifth call and finally reaching somebody in the correct department he mentioned that this is a known issue w/ this reciever that they have been seeing this week "The system doesn't recognize it as being OnDemand compatible, but we're trying to get it added to the system correctly" He mentioned a quick fix was to just change what the system saw the receiver as. (My account online now lists them as "H24-500"s instead of "HR24-100") After making that change everything has worked great!

I'm currently going thru this same issue and on Thursday they opened a case for the issue saying it is being researched by a higher dept. Still today no update and they say I should expect a call when there is a resolution.

I tried explaining to the agent the idea of changing the HR24 from -100 to -500 and he said there wasn't any way to do that, and I should just wait for my call.

Anyone have more specifics as to how to get this resolved? Thanks.

I'm currently going thru this same issue and on Thursday they opened a case for the issue saying it is being researched by a higher dept. Still today no update and they say I should expect a call when there is a resolution.

I tried explaining to the agent the idea of changing the HR24 from -100 to -500 and he said there wasn't any way to do that, and I should just wait for my call.

Anyone have more specifics as to how to get this resolved? Thanks.

Keep calling till you get someone who knows what they are doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)