HR 21......Tuner two ten points lower than tuner one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark40511

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Lexington KY
Not a dire emergency because my system has worked great for a while.....But something puzzles me. I have two hr 21's and a SWM......When I check satellite signals on tuner one and tuner two, tuner two is about ten points lower than tuner one EXCEPT on Sat's 101, 110, and 119..On those satellites tuner one and two are both the same...

When I get to 99c (on tuner one) I have upper 80s lower 90s on all transponders, (on tuner two I have lower 80s to mid 80s on all transponders

On 103 (ca) I have low to mid 90s on all transponders (on tuner one), on tuner two, I have mid to upper 80s

on 103 (cb) I have upper 80s to mid 90s on all transponders (on tuner one), tuner two shows low to mid 80s.

A few transponders can be as much as a ten point difference between tuner one and two, others not as drastic. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm not getting pixilation ......I do get rain fade when a storm passes.

So this happens with both HR21s? To the same extent?
Do you have a SWM LNB or is it a SWM8 module?
What's the strength on the SWM channel?
Disconnect one of the HRs and see if the strengths change on the connected one.

Jdspencer......Thanks very much for responding......

I've always checked the HR 21 in the living room, never the bedroom because I never watch tv in there. After reading your post, I went to the HR 21 in the bedroom and to my surprise, the satellite signals are reading the same on all satellites on all transponders and both tuners, so this is only happening on the HR 21 in the living room. About the SWM.......There is a gray box behind the tv (on the HR 21 in the bedroom) and that box has a cord that plugs into the wall. I don't think it's a lnb SWM.......

On the SWM channel (living room HR 21) tuner 1 reads (1-8) 100 100 98 0 95 95 97 79
(9-16) 89 then the remainder n/a.......tuner 2 swm reads exactly the same.

I have learned in the past that when/if there is an update or for some reason the power goes out and the receivers are rebooted, I have to reboot the receivers individually after unplugging/replugging in SWM (first) or I have all sorts of problems with 771 searching for signal errors etc........The living room HR 21 shows no signs of anything wrong on any channel, just those odd low #'s on tuner two on those three satellites.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)