HR24-500 Keeps turning on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

forsberg21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
PA
I have had my HR24-500 for 2 weeks now. For some strange reason, I will turn it off (with my Harmony 880) along with all of my other gear using the macro, whenever I go to bed or leave the house. Well, for no rhyme or reason, I'll come down to the basement to watch TV the next day or later on and find the DVR on? I verify every night for the last week and it is off when I leave the room. Then, on some mornings (not all) or later in the day it will be on again when I go to watch TV.....any idea why this is happening? This room is closed off to any kids and I even checked to see if scheduled recordings were doing this and it has turned on even when nothing was recorded in my absense.....I'm baffled?

Re set your Macro, maybe the macro is set to work as a momentary switch, goes off, you walk out of the room and turns back on a few seconds later ....

Other options, take the Harmony out of the room with you and use the D* remote for a few days and see if it happens.

Also, remember, it really doesn't matter, the unit stays on anyways, just the front panel turns off.

Well guys, I tried that last night. I checked every hour or so before I went to bed and it didn't come on when using the current settings with my 880 remote. I then tried the DirecTv remote to turn it off before bed.....it was on again this morning. So I know it isn't the remote. Plus, I never had this problem with the HR20-700 I switched out 2 weeks ago. Only since I got the HR24-500 has this been happening, the remote has been a constant as well during this time. I wish I knew why it happens, but like you said, it is only the display. I guess I'll just keep messing with it in the meantime, maybe I'll discover something.......maybe I'll be right there the one time it comes on and I can then figure out what just happened to discover the issue......

Well guys, I tried that last night. I checked every hour or so before I went to bed and it didn't come on when using the current settings with my 880 remote. I then tried the DirecTv remote to turn it off before bed.....it was on again this morning. So I know it isn't the remote. Plus, I never had this problem with the HR20-700 I switched out 2 weeks ago. Only since I got the HR24-500 has this been happening, the remote has been a constant as well during this time. I wish I knew why it happens, but like you said, it is only the display. I guess I'll just keep messing with it in the meantime, maybe I'll discover something.......maybe I'll be right there the one time it comes on and I can then figure out what just happened to discover the issue......

You DID check to see if there might be a recording that records every night, possibly after you go to bed ?

Do your channels change by them selves? How about random recordings? If so, it may be that a neighbor has a D* RC65RX or similar uhf remote. They might be using it in uhf mode. Ask the neighbors if they have D* and use a uhf remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)