hr24 500 slimlne dish install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rainy99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
USA
Ok here we go. Equipment is hr 24 500, slimline dish, sls 3 lnb and sl5 lnb. Both lnb are swm. I can only get 80% on 101 transponder 1. Have tried both lnb,s, reset receiver, ran new cable and tried two different odu power supplies. I get my best reception with the sl5 lnb but cannot peak above 80% on transponder 1 one the 101 satellite. I am running out of options. The 99 and 103 sats have very low numbers. Tried changing az and elevation all over the place. What should be my next step?

an btw mast is plumb. checked with three different levels. Line of site is unobstructed.

What do you get on other 101 transponders? What are you using to peak the dish? What are some exact numbers on 99 and 103? Can you post a picture of your completed dish with closeup of LNB/arm interface?

101 gives me transponder 4 95 transponder 1 68. I am using the receivers signal strength to set dish. 99 and 103 numbers are low 30

101 gives me transponder 4 95 transponder 1 68. I am using the receivers signal strength to set dish. 99 and 103 numbers are low 30
If both 99 and 103 are off then I suspect your skew and/or elevation are a bit off. Without a meter it can be tricky to dial in a dish.

skew is set to 70, that is what dishpointer says when i use my location. I am inclined to think the pan is warped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)