HR24-500 Speed Demo Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any speed improvement is a welcome improvement. That speed improvement isn't worth $200 upgrade for people with existing HR2x units though. I think very few could justify that.

Any new receivers people get, however, they will be quite anxious to get the HR24.

The scrolling speed was noticably better, but still not completely fluid. I'd like to see a video that shows more starting recorded programs, page up/page down, loading active or vod, things like that instead of just holding down arrow on guide.

it looks much faster than my HR21 and its faster than my HR20. there is a very noticeable improvement. since it is running the same software the older units have,it could be that the current software is holding back this new unit a little bit. i always said before that the issues we faced were never software related. they were hardware and this proves it. looks good :up is it worth the upgrade? if it had a completely new GUI then i would say yes. otherwise i'm not sure its worth it right now.

since it is running the same software the older units have,it could be that the current software is holding back this new unit a little bit.
The CPU is decidedly different. The HR20-3 use a MIPS CPU while the HR24 uses an ARM 1176 CPU. I'd be surprised if they ran the same binary.

I am waiting till the local warehouse gets some in and see if I can work out a deal with them when I place my order so they drop ship a hr24 to me .

Its a shame employees dont even get to pick the hardware they want.

I can tell you how but I dont swing that way and the dbstalk staff does so what they do in the closet is none of my business but there is a reason why they get it.

I can never get any of them to tell me either.

Another thing, what is the big deal with having a touch screen on a box in which you use the remote 99.999999999999% of the time? Honestly, how many are gong to walk up to the box or stand in front of the TV to use the touch controls on the front?

Last edited:
I can never get any of them to tell me either.

Another thing, what is the big deal with having a touch screen on a box in which you use the remote 99.999999999999% of the time? Honestly, how many are gong to walk up to the box or stand in front of the TV to use the touch controls on the front?

The real question is why did Dishnetwork put touchscreen on there ird....

Why ?

Well becuase this is clearly a case of monkey see monkey do.

If directv painted there boxes neon green so would dish... if dish adds a 2nd cam slot then direct will add a 2nd cam slot... personally I been trying to get engineering to make a bacon making ird so I can watch tv and cook bacon all at the same time.

Nice speed, ama have to get of of those soon and retire one of my HR20's

because a touch sensitive panel instead of buttons is more modern and better looking. besides that i would never touch them anyway but its good looking.

Cool, but not worth going back into contract with Directv for it. I'll probably just wait and see what the TIVO box looks like whenever, if ever, it is released.

i hadn't read much about the hr24, but i thought it was gonna be the directivo. since that is not the case, i will still be holding off on my 2nd dvr

It is for looks only? :rolleyes: :D

It might be less expensive, or maybe they wanted a completely smooth panel. The touchscreen on the H24 is extremely sensitive, the HR24 not quite as much. On the H24, only the power and resolution indicators have LEDs. The LEDs on the H24 are rather dim compared to previous models.

It might be less expensive, or maybe they wanted a completely smooth panel. The touchscreen on the H24 is extremely sensitive, the HR24 not quite as much. On the H24, only the power and resolution indicators have LEDs. The LEDs on the H24 are rather dim compared to previous models.
there you go DK :p:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.