HR24 Changes channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tomboy

Original poster
Mar 24, 2015
Buffalo
Hey guys/gals

My 90 year old mother likes to have Andy Griffith on all night, I have about 140 episodes for her on the library. It changes from Andy Griffith in the library to whatever channel the DVR is last on. I check each night for her to find a suitable station for her in the event that it changes on its own, it did last night a couple of times, and each time I change it back. I turn it off for a second then hit list and Andy Griffith again...sometimes it will stay on all night, other times it changes on its own several times... I have nothing set to record at all on any station

Any ideas on how to stop this...I leave her alone in the daytime and this happens then as well.

Thanks if anybody knows :)

Hey guys/gals

My 90 year old mother likes to have Andy Griffith on all night, I have about 140 episodes for her on the library. It changes from Andy Griffith in the library to whatever channel the DVR is last on. I check each night for her to find a suitable station for her in the event that it changes on its own, it did last night a couple of times, and each time I change it back. I turn it off for a second then hit list and Andy Griffith again...sometimes it will stay on all night, other times it changes on its own several times... I have nothing set to record at all on any station

Any ideas on how to stop this...I leave her alone in the daytime and this happens then as well.

Thanks if anybody knows :)
What receivers are we talking about ?
Does this happen on more than one ?

What receivers are we talking about ?
Does this happen on more than one ?

As in the tile HR24 changes channels, I should have added it also to the body, my bad...yes I only have the 1 unit. It seems to me it happens for no reason, yes it changes from library to whatever the last channel watched was...Thanks :)

HR24-200

Do you know if the dish uses a SWiM LNB? easy way to tell is if you have two lines going to the back of the box. if its SWiM there will be one line on the box and a 21v Power Inserter (black box, green LED, two coax ports on it). if it is, could be a power inserter going bad.

The OP post makes absolutely no sense!

Watching a recorded series via LIST on HR24-200....during the night it goes from library to the last channel you were watching on the DVR

I cant say it any clearer than that, sorry if you do not understand

Do you know if the dish uses a SWiM LNB? easy way to tell is if you have two lines going to the back of the box. if its SWiM there will be one line on the box and a 21v Power Inserter (black box, green LED, two coax ports on it). if it is, could be a power inserter going bad.

Yes it`s SWM I set the dish up myself...not that big a deal really, just wondered if anybody had that problem....

Yes it`s SWM I set the dish up myself...not that big a deal really, just wondered if anybody had that problem....
Yours appears to be the first reported at least having that particular issue.
I think I would shut it all down, unplug the Power Inserter, unplug the recvr, wait a few minutes then plug in the PI. let it boot up and then plug in the recvr and let it go thru its boot up process .... theres really not that many things in that particular set up ... the dish/LNB, coax, PI, recvr, HDMI and TV.

Also, just thinking about this here, of late, some are asking why the recvr has decided to run all showings of an episode back to back and don't like it because it does it like that ... your is just the opposite.

Now when I am watching a recording, once the recording it over, I FF to the end and go on to whatever show or channel I want next ... however, if you just let it pal to the end, it will say do you want to delete ... I typically make that choice and move on, but if I don't ... I'm wondering if it waits a certain amount of time and then goes back to the channel your on, which would make sense to me.

Yours appears to be the first reported at least having that particular issue.
I think I would shut it all down, unplug the Power Inserter, unplug the recvr, wait a few minutes then plug in the PI. let it boot up and then plug in the recvr and let it go thru its boot up process .... theres really not that many things in that particular set up ... the dish/LNB, coax, PI, recvr, HDMI and TV.

Also, just thinking about this here, of late, some are asking why the recvr has decided to run all showings of an episode back to back and don't like it because it does it like that ... your is just the opposite.

Now when I am watching a recording, once the recording it over, I FF to the end and go on to whatever show or channel I want next ... however, if you just let it pal to the end, it will say do you want to delete ... I typically make that choice and move on, but if I don't ... I'm wondering if it waits a certain amount of time and then goes back to the channel your on, which would make sense to me.

Thanks very Much Jimbo for your time, will give it a go what you said...I had the power off the other day for several hours so I think wont make any difference.

I really made a big deal about nothing, but thanks for your help :)

Thanks very Much Jimbo for your time, will give it a go what you said...I had the power off the other day for several hours so I think wont make any difference.

I really made a big deal about nothing, but thanks for your help :)
No problem, let us know.

Hey Tomboy,
I just reproduced your issue ...

As I thought might have been the issue.
Heres why your recvr goes back to the last channel it was on.

I just finished watching a recording, now I have many of the episodes of this show on the DVR, however, the one I just watched was the only NEW one I had in the folder.
So I thought I would try watching the show, then it automatically comes up and asks you if you want to Delete the show and I normally make my choice ... however, if you do Not answer the prompt after a few minutes it defaulted back to the channel I was on before I started the show.

So what I think is happening in your case is not one happens to be paying attention to it and it defaults back to the channel you had on.

Hey Tomboy,

I just finished watching a recording, now I have many of the episodes of this show on the DVR, however, the one I just watched was the only NEW one I had in the folder.
So I thought I would try watching the show, then it automatically comes up and asks you if you want to Delete the show and I normally make my choice ... however, if you do Not answer the prompt after a few minutes it defaulted back to the channel I was on before I started the show.

So what I think is happening in your case is not one happens to be paying attention to it and it defaults back to the channel you had on.

I have seen this happen. I think your right

Hey Tomboy,

Thanks Jimbo for your efforts...yes I considered that, and that is why when the library reached 140 episodes of Andy Griffith, I stopped recording new episodes, there are currently no new episodes, has not been for ages.

Personally I do not think there is really anything wrong, just a glitch perhaps, afterall how many people would watch that many episodes in a row eh?

Last night it went all night, it was still running andy Griffith this morning when I checked it, but the night before it changed 3 times, yes my mom has it on all night.

She turns 91 next week, she thinks sometimes that Mayberry is real and the people are real ... yes I just set her up for the night, first thing I do is find a suitable channel for her in case it changes, usually TCM or METV, tonight METV 67

Sometimes it stays all night and sometimes changes, yes no new shows. Yes ALL 140 episodes have been watched

Thanks Again :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts