HR24 fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Anybody else's HR24 fan get noisy sometimes? I had to unplug mine this morning around 6AM and replug @9AM. I was thinking since we do not have our heat set up to high and I know my Xbox Intercooler TS motors do that also around this time of year @ startup.

Mine is good but you can find a replacement fan on eBay cheap if you're willing to do that.

My fan was getting loud from time to time the last few months. Occasional the loud fan would run for hours after the receiver was off. I think its broken now. There is now an overheating message on my TV screen. I put an external house fan on the receiver and it cooled down enough to allow itself to work. Replacing the fan would be easy but mine has a unique "V" shape on the bottom corners. You might call the corners beveled. Any leads on this replacement fan?

i had this issue a few weeks ago with the HR24 for the first time. it was at about 140F. was at the same screen described above. when i check the fan it wasn't spinning. suddenly it starts and took about 10 minutes for it too cool down and reboot. i don't know what the heck is going on but i'm finding more and more of the same complaint online with these units.

I have a HR24-500 in the bedroom and I never hear the fan. The HR24-100 in the living room the fan is pretty noisy, not always but most of the time. I have to check temperature but I remember checking it a few months ago and it was 120F.

Mines has been running since about 5pm (HR24-100) and is running at 117*.
Fwiw, it's in a HT center.
Glass doors, but I have a good amount of open ventilation on the back of the center, it also sits above my Yamaha recvr witch runs pretty warm as well when I'm using it..

I have a HR24-500 in the bedroom and I never hear the fan. The HR24-100 in the living room the fan is pretty noisy, not always but most of the time. I have to check temperature but I remember checking it a few months ago and it was 120F.

the fans for the 500 which is what i have are very quiet while they spin. i really had to look hard to notice it wasn't spinning since i wouldn't hear it either way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)