HR24 Max number of timers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephenJC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Cleveland
I started service with DirecTV about 3 weeks ago I discovered today that the maximum number of timers that can be set is 50 Is their any way to increase this?

are you talking series recordings or just timers?

Dang...I've got more than that set on the R22 :)

are you talking series recordings or just timers?

Dang...I've got more than that set on the R22 :)

Hthe OP mentions\ed having 50 on his, so thats what I figured he meant, otherwise, there are 2 tuners.

You have more than 50 series up and running ?

I have about 10 and thats more than I can watch weekly.
Of course I have been working most of the daylight hours and some night as well.

no I've got like 20 series right now but actual timers are over 50 with the one time things I added

I cleaned out a few that are unnecessary, and got the series manager down to 43 Figure half of those are for my 8 and 3 year olds.

For the first three months of the HR20, the limit was higher but it was dropped to 50 (November 2006) when it was discovered that the prioritizer couldn't reliably handle "too many" series. This limit has been a wish list topic pretty much ever since.

The only thing you can do around the 50 limit is the boolean search series options.
I use one like this:
AANY TIGERS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 663 665
That gets any Tigers games on 663 and 664-1, and I set it for 3 extra hours.

You can do that with shows to if you get desperate past the 50.

Let's straighten something out here. The HR series of DVRs can only have up to 50 series links. They also don't do timers.

The solution to get past 50 is to get another DVR. :)

They also don't do timers.
Are you sure about that? Do you not consider "manual recordings" and "timers" to be one and the same?

DIRECTV acknowledges that manual recordings can't be done with the DVR scheduler but the HR2x manual speaks to setting up "manual recordings" (recordings based only on channel, time and date) on page 72.

Several HR2x users are actively taking advantage of manual recordings to get around recording repeated news shows (especially on Fox News) multiple times a day.

Limit 50 series link recordings.

Manual reecordings, one time recordings, and boolean search recordings don't go to the 50 limit to my knowledge.

Limit 50 series link recordings.

Manual reecordings, one time recordings, and boolean search recordings don't go to the 50 limit to my knowledge.
I have done a repeating manual recording and it did show in the series link list.

Are you sure about that? Do you not consider "manual recordings" and "timers" to be one and the same?....

No I don't. I think that "timers" as have been discussed on this forum are what has been referred to as autotune, which only tune the receiver and not record.

you can have more than 50 timers set to record something. I've got more than 50 in the "to do" recordings list

The series recording I guess is set at 50

I have done a repeating manual recording and it did show in the series link list.

No I don't. I think that "timers" as have been discussed on this forum are what has been referred to as autotune, which only tune the receiver and not record.

Manual Recordings that are repeated will effect your 50 limit. I have have 50 in my HR22 and have had since shortly after going to Directv. The issue for me is I have series like White Collar, Royal Pains, other USA shows that run 8-13 episodes then stop for about 6 months and start over. Actual National Shows like Big Bang, CSI Miami and others is only like 20 shows.

I wish they would fix this issue. May if or ever the Tivo Directv DVR returns will solve this.

I think that "timers" as have been discussed on this forum are what has been referred to as autotune, which only tune the receiver and not record.
Where available, what you call "timers" are indeed known as "autotunes". Chapter 2 of the generic receiver manual has a section on "Managing Autotunes" and a sub-section on "manual autotunes".

As it is with DVRs, the manual version is a special case of the conventional version, not a differently named tool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)