HR24 OR HR34??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rebel Racing

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Detroit
Hi Guys,

Since it seems that we are having issues with our HR24 and either need to try to get D* to exchange it, it has me thinking that a HR34 would be a good upgrade--even though I realize I would need to pay full price for it. The only reason would be to have the ability to record 5 shows at once (is that correct?). Current set up is a Slimline dish SWM3 with a power inserter. Would I need anything else?? Keep in mind that I just need the one receiver--no clients. Is there anymore monthly charges for a proposed set up like this?? Any advice?

Thanks!!

If you're paying full price then I suggest you get the HR44.

$3 for Whole Home. If you get a Genie they charge you for WH whether you have it connected or not. As Rey said the 34s are old hat now, order a 44.

Last edited:
I thought the extra charge for whole home was for new customers getting a Genie, not older existing ones.

do you need to pay full price?
if your not in a contract you may be able to get it free as an upgrade

I thought the extra charge for whole home was for new customers getting a Genie, not older existing ones.

Just got mine last week and when I ordered it she said that since I already have WH my monthly charge would stay the same. That sounded like WH is mandatory with the Genie. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

They brought me a 34 one week ago today. Clients have not worked since. Today, they brought out another 34. The tech left a few hours ago. I came back home after running some errands....clients aren't working. I'm done. I'm getting another 24. The "Genie" has not worked for me since installation.

Good luck whichever way you go. :rolleyes:

As far as I know it's for every one ... I don't have it because they want to nickel and dime you to death on these type of things, also I really don't need it in my situation.

They brought me a 34 one week ago today. Clients have not worked since. Today, they brought out another 34. The tech left a few hours ago. I came back home after running some errands....clients aren't working. I'm done. I'm getting another 24. The "Genie" has not worked for me since installation.

Good luck whichever way you go. :rolleyes:

If you can swing it, get HR24's, this way if the Genie has issues, the HR24's still work, also you'll like the addl. tuners the HR24 gives you.

and remember if you don't get a unit now, you can add it later
currently the 24/34/44/25/some others all work together
directv doesn't make you change out all the equipment to add the latest, at leat not yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts