HR24 Responds Better On Remote Smartphone App Than Regular Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
As the title says why does it responds better on a smartphone app than on the physical remote itself? It should be the other way around, Don't get me wrong I do like the idea of using the smartphone as a remote, but it should be the same way as using the regular remote control, there shouldn't be lags on remote presses, I know I'm beating the dead horse here but it shouldn't be that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I know it's not dying batteries or IR issues, this was never a problem 3 years ago when it was quite fast with responses but with several updates throughout it really slowed down.

I'm using a Directv remote lite app btw that I found on the Play Store. But the white remote is a hit or miss

Also the Directv logo light don't work when I press on it to turn off, but other times I'll work sometimes, but the other touch sensitive buttons are fine.

I know what you mean. I find the DirecTV remote works better held upside down believe it or not. When I push some buttons, especially near the top, the remote doesn't blink at all. In fact the two buttons in the top left don't work at all so I have to use my TV's remote to change the input or format. I took the thing apart and cleaned the board with rubbing alcohol and cleaned the rubber button pad in soap and water twice now. That seems to fix it for a week or two. I have another remote but its IR only so I'm thinking maybe I will just swap the button pad out of it to see if that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)