Friday, January 8, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
  • None for this release

Improved/Updated
  • Under the hood

Notes
  • Multi-Room-Video activation requires MRV Beta Opt in from the Multi-Room Setup Screen.
  • This CE may remove your guide cache if you did not download last week's CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
  • You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
  • Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download.
  • Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues.

New features
  • CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
  • CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
  • CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
  • CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema
  • CE:21:11 (0x0374) - Enriched Guide Data:
    • Similar Shows
    • Cast & Crew
    • GUIDE Artwork
    • Actor Filmography
    • Actor Awards
    • Star ratings for movies
  • CE:21:12 (0x0379) - Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated
  • CE:21:01 (0x034D) Very High Risk
    • Playlist touch ups
    • Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
    • "Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
      • In the TO DO LIST for upcoming recordings:
        • Rec. Once is now Episode Options
        • Rec. Series is now Series Options
      • In the TO DO LIST for programs currently recording:
        • Rec. Once... is now Recording...
        • Rec. Series... is now Series Options

• In the GUIDE for non-series-link programs:
        • Rec. Once is now Record Once
        • Rec. Series is now Record Series
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:02 (0x0350) Very High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) Very High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:04 (0x0356) Very High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) Very High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:06 (0x035F) SCARY HIGH RISK
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:07 (0x0364) Customer Candidate
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:08 (0x0368) Customer Candidate
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:09 (0x036A) Moderate Risk
    • Media Share Improvements
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) Moderate Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:11 (0x0374) High Risk
    • Quasi under the hood
    • Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder
  • CE:21:12 (0x0379) Very High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:13 (0x037E) High Risk
    • Under the hood
    • Must reenter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword to get Misc Options
  • CE:21:14 (0x0380) High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:15 (0x0384) High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:16 (0x0388) High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:17 (0x038c) High Risk
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:18 (0x038E) Customer Candidate
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:19 (0x0390) Customer Candidate

• [*]Under the hood

This wasnt on 393, but on 390 and I noticed it just before I applied the 393 upgrade. When I checked the to-do list to make sure I had no upcoming recordings, there was stuff from a day or two before in there marked "yesterday". Some of it had actually recorded, some of it hadnt. I'd seen this problem with the HR20 some time ago, but hadnt seen it in any recent releases.

This wasnt on 393, but on 390 and I noticed it just before I applied the 393 upgrade. When I checked the to-do list to make sure I had no upcoming recordings, there was stuff from a day or two before in there marked "yesterday". Some of it had actually recorded, some of it hadnt. I'd seen this problem with the HR20 some time ago, but hadnt seen it in any recent releases.

What recvr are you using ?
I dl'ed 393 on Friday and it's been a real good one for me so far, working good.
With the exception of the Caller Id working properly. That however is expected anymore...

HR20-100's, and this was with 390. I remember having this problem with one of the NR's about 6-9 months back and they did something to fix it. Seems the fault has crept back in. Cant speculate on whether they refixed it with 393 because...well...they dont tell us about anything they did!

And thanks for the reminder on caller ID. That doesnt work for me about 80% of the time anymore. Hasnt worked for at least 3 weeks.

HR20-100's, and this was with 390. I remember having this problem with one of the NR's about 6-9 months back and they did something to fix it. Seems the fault has crept back in. Cant speculate on whether they refixed it with 393 because...well...they dont tell us about anything they did!

And thanks for the reminder on caller ID. That doesnt work for me about 80% of the time anymore. Hasnt worked for at least 3 weeks.

My Caller Id hasn't worked consistently for about 6 months now, sometime it wuill and other times it won't.

New download

I dont know if it's been something that has to have done in the past. But the only way I could get both of my box's to take the code was to unplug them and plug them back in and try to update. I will post what box's they are later.

I dont know if it's been something that has to have done in the past. But the only way I could get both of my box's to take the code was to unplug them and plug them back in and try to update. I will post what box's they are later.

Welcome to the site !

You should NOT have to unplug the unit ...
You should be able to get the download by using the internal menu as well as the Red Button Reset (RBR), although the RBR is not the choice that should be used in most cases.
Going thru the menu's is the main option as it shuts the recvr down correctly where the RBR acts like turning your computer off the wrong way.
Third option is to unplug it and should be the last option, but sometimes necessary.

Have you rad thru the "How to's" for doing the Cutting Edge software and are you aware of the risks involved ?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ogram-terms-faq-how-hidden-features-more.html

Thanks Jimbo.
I did read through the risks and procedures. At this time I only have it on 2 of the 3 DVR's that I have. So far i'm pretty happy about the test.

Bad audio and video stuttering on both HR20-100's, accompanied by very poor remote response.

Hit the power button on both, took about 20 seconds for them to turn off. When I powered back on 5 min later the audio and video were good, so was the response time. Within minutes, they went back to bad.

Rebooted both. Both seem fine now.

Reminds me of some of the first iterations of the early CE releases where the boxes got slow and weird every 3-4 days and needed rebooting.

Whoo, some sickly stuff last night and this morning.

Last night I was watching a football game, it was recorded for the guide datas 3 hours plus a one hour live event pad on the end. Usually this works out fine. This time when I went to watch it via MRV, it only showed 3 hours. I went to the other box and checked, and sure enough it was correctly scheduled for 3+1 hours.

When I hit the end of the 3 hours, I could 30skip or FF ahead through to the entire 4 hour length, but the progress bar stuck at 3 hours. If I hit rewind or the replay button it'd jump back to the 3 hour point of the game.

Then this morning I hit 'list' on the other box, playlist came up, I deleted a show I'd already watched, and the playlist came up empty. I hit exit and list again and the playlist was there.

So I hope this gap in the CE cycle doesnt mean they're getting ready for a national release of this code. Its still buggier than heck.

All sorts of crazy today. Two of my wifes shows only recorded partially (30 minutes out of 90 on both). I had a recording of a 2 hour movie still recording at 9 hours length before I stopped it. We've had stuff in the merged MRV playlist showing on one but not the other dvr, then later the items would reappear on both.

This morning, trying to play a show via MRV gave me "media unavailable" followed by "receiver 'up' cannot be accessed".

Basically a bunch of problems from a long time ago in the MRV process, and ones I havent seen in a long time until this NR.

Gosh I hope not. Empty playlist on one box this morning, had to reboot to get it back.

Only thing I can think of other than 393 being the cause, is that I got brave enough to start using autorecord keyword searches again because I got tired of having 5 batman and 5 scooby doo series links. Last time I used those it made for lots of weird problems on the HR20's. I can see why, its got to enumerate all those keyword searches for every show, continuously, to see if it can find matches to record rather than just looking for one show.