HR2x CE Release 9/25 v.35B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
20090929-1414
HR20-100

When trying to delete a show from another playlist, unit sometimes locks up. Only way to unlock is a RBR.

She sure doesn't wear that on her show. Anyone else having problems with folders not active in this weeks CE?

Yep, watch all those tyra banks episodes. :)

bradvei-tyra-banks-dtmar05-09.jpg

Anyone else having problems with folders not active in this weeks CE?

Nope, not having any trouble with folders.
Not sure why you would have trouble, once a second episode of a show is recorded, it puts it in a folder.
I don't think there is anything that you should need to do ...

Jimbo

you might need to push the left arrow on the top shows I am getting this as well. By doing this it will collapse the folder

Well so far this is a pretty unreliable release. As with the old mrv releases, every 2-2.5 days one box or the other starts grinding to a halt, freezes and needs an RBR. And it always does this when recording something important, so I guess I'm back to putting our major new shows on the old series 1 tivo to record, just in case, and doing daily reboots.

I've also noticed when looking at the playlist that folders are randomly opened. Seems the usage has also changed...used to be if you hit 'left' while highlighting the folder or its contents, it closed. Now if you hit 'left' while highlighting the folder name, it exits the playlist. Dont like it.

MRV performance with regards to reducing glitching seems to have been improved by using standby for a few hours each day. The limited info I've seen says basically 'it does some things in standby it wont do out of standby, or at least does some things better in standby and the word from directv engineers is to use it'.

Hope that doesnt become a requirement, or if it does that the box will drop into standby on its own after ~3 hours of inactivity or something.

Ok, here is the deal...

Folders work on every other show I have in my list except The Tyra Banks Show. I'll delete the show from my prioritizer and add it again.

I've heard some other reports of this happening, and the wrong shows ending up in the wrong folders.

I have a real problem with D* being ok with a reboot everytime there is a problem... and it seems that most of the members here have just accepted that... What happened to solving a problem? If I told one of my users to just reboot everytime they had a problem, they would go NUTZ!! IF this is D* solution to the problem, why don't they have a scheduler that lets you choose a time to reboot your receiver? ie.... I want to reboot receiver 1 at 3:00AM and receiver 2 at 3:30 every morning? That way you wouldn't have to do it on your own... Since I put MRV on my HR23-700 and R22, I have to reboot them both daily...

I have a real problem with D* being ok with a reboot everytime there is a problem... and it seems that most of the members here have just accepted that... What happened to solving a problem? If I told one of my users to just reboot everytime they had a problem, they would go NUTZ!! IF this is D* solution to the problem, why don't they have a scheduler that lets you choose a time to reboot your receiver? ie.... I want to reboot receiver 1 at 3:00AM and receiver 2 at 3:30 every morning? That way you wouldn't have to do it on your own... Since I put MRV on my HR23-700 and R22, I have to reboot them both daily...

In your case : I would suggest that the sub, your user/ Does NOT TEST.
Remember this is all beta testing software.

Go back to the normal software that everyone gets and then let us know whats happeing.
Your every day sub does NOT use this software.

Presuming the reboot issues are with the CE. While the NR is certainly better now, the first thing directv will ask you to do when you call in with a problem is to reboot.

This was one of the things I ran into with the crowd who says they never have problems with their directv gear: they felt that rebooting a couple of times a week was normal and just one of those things you have to do with a dvr.

Coming back around to the CE, I have to reboot every day or risk having the box freeze up sometime during the second or third day. That was also the case for me when the last round of MRV testing was going on...what...couple of months ago? I'd heard they'd continued to work on MRV while the NR was getting wrapped up.

Almost seems to me that not only hasnt the stability of the box and MRV improved, its gotten worse.

hopefully with a new ce the collapse folders will get fixed, they will expand but won't collapse with a left click anymore. I have to hit the yellow button and tell it to close all folders each time. annoying

The left click still works if you do it from a show within a folder, it just doesnt work if you're highlighting the folder name.

Whats weird here is that my wife will open a folder on one dvr and the playlist on the other will show it. And when hitting 'left' to go back to the playlist from a recording thats playing, I usually end up in a different folder thats been conveniently opened for me.

So...hoping they fix all these 9,000,000 weird little problems and the need to reboot every 2 days. Also hoping the release notes have something a little more informative than "under the hood" in them. "Changed xyz to fix abc bug" tells me to look at the abc bug for resolution and to inform if the xyz fix didnt solve it. "under the hood" says to me that some invisible internal function was altered to change the dvrs operating processes in a manner that is probably not evident to a user.

I got a HR20-700 and im noticing that when i pause live tv and hit play i have no sound. in order to get sound i have to hit RR a quick sec then play and i get sound.

just wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

Here Here..same problem here :(
or u can wait 5 secs and sound will come back

I hope or will hope they will or have fixed it with the current or future CE update

Last edited:
"under the hood" says to me that some invisible internal function was altered to change the dvrs operating processes in a manner that is probably not evident to a user.

This is exactly what I take "Under the hood" to mean as well.
Minor things that the user has NO access to.
Would you rather they just Drop the "Under the hood" and did it anyways ?

I'd rather they told us what bugs they fixed or what features that they altered so we could test their fixes. I dont agree that the changes are either minor nor things we have no access to. If all these fixes are completely invisible to the user and minor, there'd be no actual need for beta testing.

Granted a change to some database process to do something somewhat differently that wouldnt change the the user experience or operability whatsoever doesnt warrant being called out. Thats not what we got in the most recent release.

In this cycle so far, the changes that were significant and visible to the user, and which could have had more testing were:

- Improved stability from receiver hangs that required reboots
- Changes to the 'delete' process where it took longer and wouldnt let you delete shows that were being watched on other receivers
- It was whispered through the grapevine that some new housekeeping stuff was implemented and putting the unit in standby would be beneficial
- Something was put in or changed that created the concern of a 'scary high risk'. Would have been nice to get something more substantial like "we made a major change to xxx and theres a small chance that yyy could happen".

Its just a level of communication thats too low for real beta testing. Good news is that nobody really cares what feedback most of us give. And its quite a treasure hunt to 'test' stuff without knowing what you're testing.

Reboot usually fixes that. The "ake" fail is an automated key exchange between receivers for the purpose of using the encrypted dtcp protocol.

DTCP is used an an encrypted protocol between receivers so as to not leave the data unencrypted between any two points;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)