HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Staggered Release started: 4/23/2012

0x45C8 - H21/23
0x05C8 - All other receivers listed above

The Contents of this Release: (Differences based on previous national releases)

New features
None

Updated
Minor UI updates
Game Lounge
Trick Play
Stability fixes
Under the Hood
PREV key in PIG
Minor YouTube/Pandora updates
Minor Playlist updates
Channel banner
Closed Captioning

Hmmm, I would imagine, but it doesn't say ...

Q. for those of you that are using CE software, were at version 5de on most HR models.
Isn't this 5c8 a older version ?

Do we want to D/L this if we have 5de ?

Im wondering same thing +1 :) Anyone have anything on this download yet? ty for help :) lets hope we get some love for the hr 34 this weekend :)

Last edited:
Im wondering same thing +1 :) Anyone have anything on this download yet? ty for help :) lets hope we get some love for the hr 34 this weekend :)

Is it just me or has participation in the CE program plumetted since the HDGUI rolled out on an NR. NAH, it definitely is not, the must-have shiney new product is out for the public so now that guy next door that always has to have the new thing before everyone else does doesn't care what's new now or probably even understand what a CE was in the first place.

Well here is an update although not in the usual update issue a different version jumped into the stream. 0x059e from back in FEB. Maybe a last ditch get the bad CE out of the loop and scrap it kind of thing IMHO.

I didnt see anything different in the stream when i wet to bed last night, so I passed.

Did anybody get it last nigt ?

Fwiw, the software is in the stream right now according to the firmware watcher site, if anyones interested.

Last edited:
On the east coast in north carolina im downloading 05c8 on my hr-24s and my hr-21 its 6:45 am here

tigerfan33 said:
Got 0x5c8 this morning. Any notes?

I should have read the first post:)

Will see of it fixes the slowness of one of my HR24.

Last edited:
My slow HR24 is not slow anymore:)
It is as responsive as my other and as fast when I first got it.

My HR23 received this update a few days ago.
Still waiting for the HR24 to get it.
I can't really say if the HR23 is responding better since it's not being used directly.

My 3 HR24-500s got 5C8 night before last.

My main unit on first power up after the update had no audio at all. The usual skip back fix didn't help, nor changing channels. Did a reset and all was good. One odd thing during the reset, the unit went into 'advanced diagnostics' screen. I just told it to exit to finish the normal boot sequence. Any ideas why it would boot to 'advanced diagnostics'?

After an afternoon and evening of use, all 3 HR24s are nearly as quick as when I had the SDGUI and it doesn't seem to have the slow response to remote, and hasn't ignored the remote at all. That was a big issue with me, glad to see it fixed.

At the other site, some are reporting audio glitches with this update, I've not seen any audio or video glitches at all. All 3 of mine are working flawlessly at this point. But the proof of this being a fix will have to wait for a week or two, as other updates have often given good results only to fall behind over time. I certainly am hoping that this is the fix for the reported issues of previous NRs since the HDGUI came out.

My audio was not on when I turned my HR24 on after the update. Tried changing channels with no luck. Went into settings and sound. Dolby digital was on. I clicked it off then on and sound was fine. I run mine through AVR.

One other thing happened with this update that I hadn't seen discussed. And that is HDMI handshaking when changing channels. Mine had always been pretty slow, I figured it was because I had Native on and all resolutions except 480i selected so that my TV can do the upscaling for the SD channels.

Now it is much quicker with few, if any video flashes as it does the switch.

Kudos!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts