HR2X & R22 5/1 CE v0304

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have you tried just view SD? That may tell you if you got a bandwidth problem or even a overheating issue when sending all that data.
I am doing away with my bridged N routers for a more stable connection just for MRV.

Yes, I tried SD and HD. The connection between the bridge and the router is fine and I get good speed . Actually it's better than my WGA600N /Router.

I would check to see if there is a software update to the bridge. I had the same problem with my router and I did a software update to it and it fixed it.

I just did the update, no go. I'm 99% sure the culprit is the WET610N although it works on everything else but the MRV.

Im having a similar problem. I have 2 HD receivers.

1. HR21-100 Wired to Router
2. HR21-700 WGA600N

The 100 can see the programs on the 700. The 100 gets the error message "Unable to access media" when trying to view the 700.

The network test passes on both receivers and widgets works on both. I have tried rebooting both receivers and nothing seems to work.

I have a serious problem with the MRV:

3 Hr22-100 , 1 hard-wired, 1 through a WGA600N game adapter and 1 through the new WET610N ethernet bridge.

Everything between the hard-wired and the WGA600N working just fine.

MRV working for a while between the hard-wired and the WET610N, until I get the msg "unable to access media". After I get the msg it no longer works. After restarting server , client and the bridge it works again until I do a trickplay and get the msg again.

It looks like MRV doesn't like the new WET610N ( it replaces the WGA600N , discontinued).

the one issue i'm still having and have had always is with bookmarks. i'm forwarding 30 sec at a time and suddenly it will shift all the way to end of the recording. I know you have to press the 30 sec forward button for a few seconds then press it again to forward to the next bookmark. i'm not doing such a thing yet it still does this. it has to do with the slow response of the box to commands. that's why it triggers this function by itself.

Yes, I tried SD and HD. The connection between the bridge and the router is fine and I get good speed . Actually it's better than my WGA600N /Router.
You're not one for details are you? :rolleyes:
So you tried SD and HD with EQUAL results?
What does "good speed" mean?
I had 2 TRENDnet TEW-633GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Routers bridged with under normal network traffic had GREAT speed but just wouldn't cut it for D* HD streaming (worked fine for 720p & 1080i XBMC streaming though). The thing with wireless N is it will definitely go faster than you need but drop below what you you need and is completely at the mercy of it's environment (phones, fans,neighbors) D* could buffer the dvr to dvr streaming like they do the VOD to give it more tolerance in the future, but not so much on the non-dvr boxes.

You're not one for details are you? :rolleyes:
So you tried SD and HD with EQUAL results?
What does "good speed" mean?
I had 2 TRENDnet TEW-633GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Routers bridged with under normal network traffic had GREAT speed but just wouldn't cut it for D* HD streaming (worked fine for 720p & 1080i XBMC streaming though). The thing with wireless N is it will definitely go faster than you need but drop below what you you need and is completely at the mercy of it's environment (phones, fans,neighbors) D* could buffer the dvr to dvr streaming like they do the VOD to give it more tolerance in the future, but not so much on the non-dvr boxes.

Sorry. Yes, SD and HD with equal results. Here is my configuration:

(1) -HR22-100 with CE ......hardwired to DLINK DIR655 N router.

(2) -HR22-100 with NR ......wireless N to DIR655 using a WGA600N (working great)

(3) -HR22-100 with NR.......wireless N to DIR655 using a WET610N (unable to access media)

If I replace the WET610N and use the WGA600N on the (3) HR22 everything works.

When I say "good speed" I mean that. I'm an IT guy although sometimes I need help from people who knows more than I do. The WET610N works on everything else besides the MRV and is always faster than the WGA600N. I'm talking about real speed (or real throughput). If I use Directv2pc with the WET610N I can watch HD just fine . I have never had a single stutter watching HD video using the WET610N.

One more thing: The wet610N sometimes work with MRV (no "unable to access media) but as soon as I do a trickplay and try to "start over" I get the msg. After getting the msg it no longer works even restarting all receivers and all the network gear. After several hours it will work again for few minutes until I do the trickplay again (FF or RW).

It looks like something is causing the WET610N to refuse the MRV instructions.

I spend 2 hours yesterday with a senior Linksys engineer on the phone and he also couldn't find anything wrong. Finnaly he suggested I should get a replacement and that's what I'm doing now. I have a feeling that the new unit will behave exactly the same, though. I will keep you informed when I get the new WET610N.

When I say "good speed" I mean that. I'm an IT guy although sometimes I need help from people who knows more than I do.
It's not always needing someone that knows more. A fresh set of eyes is all that is needed from time to time.
I spend 2 hours yesterday with a senior Linksys engineer on the phone and he also couldn't find anything wrong. Finaly he suggested I should get a replacement and that's what I'm doing now. I have a feeling that the new unit will behave exactly the same, though. I will keep you informed when I get the new WET610N.
I will bow out to a Linksys engineer. I think a new unit may be the only thing left to try. When troubleshooting it is best to take away EVERYTHING that is not absolutely necessary. That would include wireless security. MAC filtering is more secure anyway.
Also have you played with the packet file size settings, dunno how it ships but looks like it has lots of options in the config.
Good luck.

Also have you played with the packet file size settings, dunno how it ships but looks like it has lots of options in the config.
Good luck.

Yes, but all I could get was a slower speed and shorter range. It looks like the factory settings are the best, anyway. One thing that looks completely different between a G and N setup is the effect of security or the lack of it: I could get a much better result using MAC filtering on my old G with no encription but it seems it doesn't make too much difference when using the N network. I use WPA2-AES and there is not a significant performance difference from MAC filtering only.

There is no documentation I could found about the "advanced settings" on the WET610 N . There is a lot of things supposed to improve video performance but through try and error I couldn't get anything much better. The Linksys guy also made some suggestions to no avail.

If my new WET610N doesn't work I will try the Powerline 200MBPS although I don't expect a great troughput since I live in a condo with lots of outlets between my router and the place where I need the receiver. I only had experience with the old Powerline but I know the rate drops dramaticaly.

Thanks for your help.

Just un update on my MRV situation:

Replaced the WET610N by a Linksys 200MBPS Powerline adapter. MRV now working fine. Real throughput with the powerline is 25 mbps, 35 feet and 4 rooms from my router. More than enough for HD. With the wet610n I was getting 62 mbps (measured using big file transfers) but it seems that some glitch causes the MRV to be "unable to access media". I have seen some other posts with the same problem using a totally cat5/6 wired network therefore I think speed/range is not the issue.

It looks to me I will have to unsuspend my D* account ahead of schedule so I can finally enjoy my four networked HR2Xs again.

After being frustrated for nearly a year with the slow remotes and problems with CE, I suspended D* and began ATT Uverse trial. Uverse MRV has a lot to be desired but works as advertised, the best part is the low cost and a lot more premium HD channels. I was also waiting to see how the E* 922 would unfold. But the most recent CE news got me excited again to say the least.

It looks to me I will have to unsuspend my D* account ahead of schedule so I can finally enjoy my four networked HR2Xs again.

After being frustrated for nearly a year with the slow remotes and problems with CE, I suspended D* and began ATT Uverse trial. Uverse MRV has a lot to be desired but works as advertised, the best part is the low cost and a lot more premium HD channels. I was also waiting to see how the E* 922 would unfold. But the most recent CE news got me excited again to say the least.

The remote is STILL slow this week.

When inputting channels, still missing numbers.

We'll sometimes it is back to normal, other times it misses them, but definitively better than previous weeks.

Anyone having problems with recorded shows skipping back to the beginning of the show at the same spot its played? Happened with two SD shows with the 0304 firmware this past week - rebooting device does not help the recording. Note - this was on my HR21-100.

Sounds very similar to a problem I've been experiencing with the last cpl CE's in my case sometimes when I try to use the skip button it ends up skipping all the way to the end of the recording. I tried to turn off skipping feature "Superskiptotickoff' but the keyword doesn't seem to disable the feature, at least for me.

Sounds very similar to a problem I've been experiencing with the last cpl CE's in my case sometimes when I try to use the skip button it ends up skipping all the way to the end of the recording. I tried to turn off skipping feature "Superskiptotickoff' but the keyword doesn't seem to disable the feature, at least for me.

The only difference is it does it when we don't hit the skip button..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)