Friday, January 22, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk Download

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Multi-Room-Video activation requires MRV Beta Opt in from the Multi-Room Setup Screen.
This CE may remove your guide cache if you did not download the previous CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download.
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues.

103 location

looks like they changed the way 103 shows up in the signal area

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-22 at 11.25.16 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-01-22 at 11.25.16 PM.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 257
After download last night, my HR21-700 would not recognize the external hard drive. I thought I'd lost all of my recordings at first. Tried several restarts and then re-downloaded 039E to no avail. This morning I disconnected ext. drive, restarted HR21, then unpowered HR21 and ext. drive, restarted ext. drive and connected to HR21, then restarted HR21 and it finally picked up the ext. drive.

After download last night, my HR21-700 would not recognize the external hard drive. I thought I'd lost all of my recordings at first. Tried several restarts and then re-downloaded 039E to no avail. This morning I disconnected ext. drive, restarted HR21, then unpowered HR21 and ext. drive, restarted ext. drive and connected to HR21, then restarted HR21 and it finally picked up the ext. drive.

Did the driver perhaps turn off during the time the receiver powers down before the reboot and not come on quick enough? I've had that happen before and just had to turn it back on then reboot the receiver.

So far so good. I've networked my HR22-100 and H21. I have a wireless G bridge on both going through a wireless N router (D-Link DIR-615). HD viewing has occasional hiccups, initially. But pretty responsive considering I'm running over a wireless network. Now that it works, I'm considering hard wiring ... always a dreaded feat, though ... attic trips aren't fun!

Okay, apparently, what I was watching worked decent over wireless as far as HD is concerned. But watched another HD program and it was pretty choppy. SD works smooth, though. I'll definitely be looking into hard wiring.

Did the driver perhaps turn off during the time the receiver powers down before the reboot and not come on quick enough? I've had that happen before and just had to turn it back on then reboot the receiver.

I really wasn't watching that close. Never happened before.

Downloaded last night. MRV working well. I really wish they would add the choose recorder feature. I would like to be able to tell my bedroom DVR to record a program from my living room guide and vice versa....

Switched my cabling around a little (no MRV sessions running) and got a message that the network cable had been unplugged, and the HR20-100 froze hard.

Sounds like a number of people are having problems with units freezing up, and poor remote control response under some circumstances.

Theres a lot of new MRV code involved in this release.

HDMI handshake issues, again. Seems to come back and go away every few CE's. (I use native)

Little update on my end. Using HR22 and an H21. Replaced the wireless bridge on the H21, and things seems to be running much better, even HD, no choppiness or anything. Both are wireless G bridges connecting to a Wireless N router. All seems well.

I also noticed better response from the remote. I was waiting 10 to 15 seconds from hitting the List button until when the list actually appeared. Now it's within a couple - much better.

Last edited:
It looks like Florida and Michigan received the updates. Why hasn't Ohio? Or has it and I just don't know where to look for it or even how to download the update. With 8 receivers this would be a great feature to have.

Any idea? Should I call Directv and see when Ohio and my area will get the up date. I have no idea how to even force a download for an update. Is there somewhere in menu that you can download updates?

Any idea? Should I call Directv and see when Ohio and my area will get the up date. I have no idea how to even force a download for an update. Is there somewhere in menu that you can download updates?

What update are you talking about? I don't think a new NR is rolling if that's what you mean. If you're talking about CE, then you need to read this thread:

Link

And no, don't call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts