HR2x / R22 CE Release 1/22

I don't think a new NR is rolling if that's what you mean.

Yeah, 395 is rolling out nationally, but slowly.

You cant get it as an NR unless directv has authorized your receiver. As soon as your receiver is authorized it'll automatically download and install the new release within a day.

Yeah, 395 is rolling out nationally, but slowly.

You cant get it as an NR unless directv has authorized your receiver. As soon as your receiver is authorized it'll automatically download and install the new release within a day.

Ah! I stand corrected. Didn't realize it has started to roll yet. Thanks!

Any idea? Should I call Directv and see when Ohio and my area will get the up date. I have no idea how to even force a download for an update. Is there somewhere in menu that you can download updates?

Hey, Mark. We're talking about the CE updates. Ones which we force our receivers to install. Once installed, DirecTV needs to authorize your reciever(s) to use the features in these updates. A lot of these are considered "High Risk" meaning you should know what you're doing or at the very least, read up on CE updates, how to do it, what's involved, etc.

The normal update that DTV releases is a staggered release and seeming it's just a normal type of update, can take a course of a few months to roll out to everybody and don't necessarily think it has the Mutli-room feature - or if it does, may not be authorized for use. I could be wrong on that, though. I've been lurking for a few months here before deciding to register. CE 1/22 seemed like a good candidate for me and thought I'd register here since it seems that the people here are a good group of guys.

OH SNAP! I only got a chance to upgrade the bedroom DRV and hadn't tested MRV since the update. Last night I streamed a show in HD from the other room and it handled fast forwarding and rewinding as if I was watching content locally. No pixelation to speak of either. THIS IS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK. :)

I just wish I had done the family room DVR, as it's the one we use most of the time.

Hey, Mark. We're talking about the CE updates. Ones which we force our receivers to install. Once installed, DirecTV needs to authorize your reciever(s) to use the features in these updates. A lot of these are considered "High Risk" meaning you should know what you're doing or at the very least, read up on CE updates, how to do it, what's involved, etc.

The normal update that DTV releases is a staggered release and seeming it's just a normal type of update, can take a course of a few months to roll out to everybody and don't necessarily think it has the Mutli-room feature - or if it does, may not be authorized for use. I could be wrong on that, though. I've been lurking for a few months here before deciding to register. CE 1/22 seemed like a good candidate for me and thought I'd register here since it seems that the people here are a good group of guys.
you're probably right I should wait then. I was just hoping to get the multi room feature. Thanks for the heads up

I have a HR23-700 and it seems the first run episode recording is not working properly. It is recording all episodes and not just first run. I have verified the setting were right.

I have a HR23-700 and it seems the first run episode recording is not working properly. It is recording all episodes and not just first run. I have verified the setting were right.

I see that on a number of different shows, mostly when the guide data is incorrect. Examples for my is my local Fox station, their reruns of Simpsons and Cops never have a 1st run date and the discrpition is always the same.

I see that on a number of different shows, mostly when the guide data is incorrect. Examples for my is my local Fox station, their reruns of Simpsons and Cops never have a 1st run date and the discrpition is always the same.

The ones that it has happened with me all have the correct air date. The Tonight Show for example has an air date of 9-09 but it recorded anyway.

Okay, I was having a lot of problems with this release on my hr20-100's and rolled back to 395 NR.

What was happening was that in both local and remote MRV viewing, the playback would get choppy audio and video, slow down and even come to a complete stop. This seemed to be specific to certain parts of certain shows, since others would work. I could restart play but when I got to those same parts of a show, it'd chatter and then grind to a halt. The boxes also froze up on me several times.

I rolled back to 395 and everything went back to working smoothly again.

Strangely, I dont see anyone else reporting this sort of stuff either on this site or the other one.

I'm getting some serious lag tonight but not sure if it's cause by MRV or not yet

It was the copy of Sancutary that was 2 hours long. Hard drive is sitting at 62% free

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)