HR2x & R22 CE Release 1/9 0x02BC

True, but I usually consider the benefits of playing with the toys (and hopefully the women as well) a good offset of the heartaches of downtown Vegas. I'm only 2 hours from Vegas, myself (Barstow, YUCK!), but couldn't get the time to go.

Hope you at least had fun.

Better But!

All user interfaces seem to access faster on my HR22-100, but the caller id feature is still not working. Worked on my HR21 but had to replace with the HR22 and didn't work at all with 0x2af but now at least it see the calls but gives but gives the notice "unavailable". Did this on the previous version also. Would like to see see new features like PIP and direct tuner access.

It's working very well for me. I predict either a release candidate or (finally) a new feature next week.

With all the problems being reported with Media Share playing MP3's IMHO I don't see either happening on next weeks CE.

Yeah, Im not using media share now, but Ive seen the posts at DBS about the issues.
As far as dvr use, watching tv, and menu speed, its working well.

Audio is breaking up having to go back to national release. SD recordings are still stuttering as well. This in on my HR22-100.

i'm having major slow responsive issues as well. might have to go to the national release unless something good shows up this friday for CE.

VOD

I have one of my hr20s running this release, and the VOD is not working well on playback. If you ever stop the playback, and try to resume, you just get a blank screen and no audio. You can restart the show, and it is OK. If you try to search forward back to your point, it will freeze on a frame, but the audio will continue. These are Showtime HD shows. I've rebooted the machine. Any Ideals? Thanks,

Getting remote command delays of up to 10 seconds on both of my HR21-100s. It is the slowest when recording 2 HD programs and watching another HD recording like always. Seems like the bottleneck in these receivers is in the SATA controller?

This is not the slowest it's been over the last few months, but it is not the fastest either...The best CE speedwise for me was 02B3 in the last few months...but that one seemed to have slow speed issues with other HR receivers.

When editing favorites list, I had the background go black. I haven't been able to duplicate it though.

Noticing a little bit of video/audio sync being off more on HD channels. Maybe it is within spec and wasn't before - If I add a little audio delay of about 20ms on my AV receiver, I can match it up.

At this point they've proven they cant get this generation of software to function efficiently. They should start a project to develop completely new software for these receivers that addresses all the basic performance and functionality issues. These bandaids arent working.

At this point they've proven they cant get this generation of software to function efficiently. They should start a project to develop completely new software for these receivers that addresses all the basic performance and functionality issues. These bandaids arent working.

well said. and hire the right staff to take care of the programming. with the right people working at it almost 24 7, they will get the software where it needs to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)