HR2x / R22 CE Release 10/23 v.036A

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, October 23, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes

You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national
Multi Room Viewing (MRV) is enabled with keyword “BRINGMRVBACK” and disabled with “LOSEMRV”.

Downloaded 036A to HR20-100; HR20-700; HR21-100; HR21-700

All OK with MRV except the HR20-700 produced message that "Client Access Card was Missing" when attempting to play content from any of the other DVRs. Problem corrected with a reset of the HR20-700.

I am running into an error with two HR23's saying invalid access card while trying to access programs from another receiver. Anyone else running into this?

Downloaded successfully on HR23-700 and R22. (as well as two H23-600's) Everything seems to be ok. MRV was enabled and working on first bootup.

Sweet. Finally get MRV after 3 weeks of downloading. :) I didn't realize the playlist gets combined. That's kinda cool.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to search about how to add a device name. I vaguely remember reading that you could do that.

Anyway, seems to work just fine so far on my 21's. Haven't really pushed it too hard but having MRV is awesome. :)

Working fine here. Remote response seems a little zippier. Havent really worked out MRV yet but tried it, worked for a short test.

Just as an FYI, it looks like we're out of 'customer candidate' phase, which means a new national release may be on its way out fairly soon. This CE may or may not be a higher number than the NR, but it probably is. That means you'll want it if you want to maintain MRV, since if you're still running 35f or earlier, that'll go away when the NR rolls out.

Clambert, I dont have the menu in front of me, but I think you want 'location' under system setup. That should have an option to set the location name. Surprised it works without setting one, I thought the first thing it did was pop up a dialog box asking for a location name when MRV was enabled.

I like the combined playlist as well. I dont really care where something is. And I dont have 4-5 dvr's. A lot of people have become inured to the idea of having a 'his/hers/kids' dvr and want to pick which one they view in the playlist. I wouldnt mind some folders I could designate for recordings to land in, since we do have 43,000 kids shows mixed into the playlist, but I dont know if I want to have to fish through the dvr farm to find a show i'm looking for.

This way, I can just spread the series links across the two dvr's, hit the playlist, pick a show and watch it.

Just as an FYI, it looks like we're out of 'customer candidate' phase, which means a new national release may be on its way out fairly soon. This CE may or may not be a higher number than the NR, but it probably is. That means you'll want it if you want to maintain MRV, since if you're still running 35f or earlier, that'll go away when the NR rolls out.

Yay! I get to quote myself for the first time! :)

According to the info I have, last weeks CE (368) is going to be the new NR that will be rolling out within a week or so. So iif you didnt download tonight, get this CE tomorrow night (saturday) if you want to maintain MRV.

HR21-100 with AM21

Mediashare will not play any videos - goes to black screen. Using MRV and trying to play a program gives error "Cannot Play DTCP Content" even after reboot. I think I will go back to the NR (0368).

Yay! I get to quote myself for the first time! :)

According to the info I have, last weeks CE (368) is going to be the new NR that will be rolling out within a week or so. So iif you didnt download tonight, get this CE tomorrow night (saturday) if you want to maintain MRV.

0368 started rolling out as the NR on Thursday night.

Looks like you're correct. Its been pushed to some people over a limited time on thursday, but then they put 34c back in. Looks like a staggered release, as usual.

I know that we aren't suppose to start reporting "sluggish" issues until 24 hours after the download. However, my HR23-700 is damn near useless at the moment. I downloaded roughly 3 hours ago and have been watching recordings ever since. I just went to start a new recording and it took me several minutes just to get the program to start. I think this would upset any consumer. I think there might be a problem with the priority list upon reboot and the receiver actually being used at the same time. No consumer is going to be happy with the answer "Your receiver is useless for 24 hours after a National Release".
Directv Report Key : 20091024-14E2

I just had a thought... Since D* is working with CE people here, and most CE people are interested in MRV, wouldn't that mean that most CE users have ethernet connected to their receivers? (I can remember one user that has his directly connected without a router, but I can't remember his name at the moment... sorry) Couldn't they have an option to have the receiver get it's guide data via the ethernet cable in 10 seconds instead of all night? Then if that didn't work, revert back to the old way and get it from the Sat? Seems to me that wouldn't be very hard to do... alot less work on the receiver if it gets little pieces all the time...

HR21-100 with AM21

Mediashare will not play any videos - goes to black screen. Using MRV and trying to play a program gives error "Cannot Play DTCP Content" even after reboot. I think I will go back to the NR (0368).
When I had the issue playing MRV many months ago, I ended up having to reboot both (I have 2) receivers at the same time. For some reason the error stayed through a reboot of each individually. I don't know why, I don't care, it's just what I had to do.

I don't get it. If MRV works so well from receiver to receiver, why the heck are the DIRECTV2PC system requirements so freakin' high?