Friday, November 13, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk

New features
Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
  • Multi-Room-Video activated with keyword "BRINGMRVBACK", disabled with "LOSEMRV"
  • Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

Previous Release Info:
New features
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema

Improved/Updated
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
Under the hood
Media Share Improvements
Enriched Guide Data - several additions to guide data / info screen
Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder

Last edited:
Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, November 13, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk

New features
Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
  • Multi-Room-Video activated with keyword "BRINGMRVBACK", disabled with "LOSEMRV"
  • Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder

Why would you want your programs in Alphabetical order with in the folder ?
If they are in a folder, I would want them according to the most recent one.

Greeted with a MRV config menu upon update. Looks like you will be able to control your content better if you want. Doesn't really interest me though.

Why would you want your programs in Alphabetical order with in the folder ?
If they are in a folder, I would want them according to the most recent one.

One would think so. But thats not how its been on the HR's since they enabled playlist sort a million years ago. Either it was alphabetical folders with the contents also alphabetized, or folders by date with contents by date within.

This corrects it so that alphabetizing folders keeps the folder contents by date. Why you'd want alphabetized contents when you choose alphabetized folders is a mystery, but thats how it worked until now.

MRV is having a lot of scattered problems, principally with the HR20-100's. Looks like you can watch a show, but when you exit out of watching it, the HR20 doesnt register the disconnection of session, so the next time you go to watch something from that machine, it tells you its already serving an MRV stream and wont do it until you reboot.

I do wish they'd at least minimally test this stuff for basic operation and functionality before asking anyone else to test it.

Just a note, I finally was able to get both hr20-100's up and running and so far the mrv in one direction is working fine. Some folks have reported that it stops working after more than 2 shows, I've done 5 with no trouble. Will check the other direction in a bit.

MRV is working again. Remote recording from H23 is working. Nice addition!!
Remote recording? So if I have a hr-23 in one room and a regular HD receiver in another I can hit record from the regular HD receiver?

Downloaded the CE on both HR's tonight. MRV seems to be working both ways. I had to reboot my HR20 to see the programs on the HR21, but after that it's working fine. The 30 sec. slip is working better.

Guide pg down is working normally again. The images on the info screen are gone.

So far so good....

I wish I could remote record from my HR20 to my HR21. It would be nice if the recording options allowed you to choose which receiver to record too.

Remote recording? So if I have a hr-23 in one room and a regular HD receiver in another I can hit record from the regular HD receiver?

Looks like from some H model non-dvr receivers you can select a program or SL to record, and then choose what dvr will record it. I dont have any H models, so I cant comment any further.

I'm guessing that you'd need the current CE on both the H receiver and the HR dvr for it to work.

Also interesting to see the "mrv has been added to your directv account" pop up. On one hand, I hope this doesnt mean they're still thinking about charging for this feature. On the other hand, popups like this usually means they think they're close to a national release of the feature. On the third hand (???) this feature is nowhere near a national release stability wise.

Not that this has stopped them before. My CE anticipation thread involves shoving the release out, then having another stutter step release a week or two later to resolve the problems from this one...:rolleyes:

The "suggestions" new feature in the search function is leaving me wanting....a whole lot. Looks like its a preselected group of four searches that in my case leads me to a lot of uninteresting stuff, much of which requires extra payment or subscriptions. Wonder who thought up this function...

Throwing out some extra anticipation, its interesting that they've chosen to make the plain vanilla receivers able to 'remote schedule'. Makes me think they're winding up towards the 'whole home dvr' where one big box will do all the recording/scheduling and you'll have STB's that will either just call on the main box for live tv and recordings, or perhaps act like the current H series and give local playback via connection to the dish and all kowtow to the dvr for recordings.

One would think so. But thats not how its been on the HR's since they enabled playlist sort a million years ago. Either it was alphabetical folders with the contents also alphabetized, or folders by date with contents by date within.

This corrects it so that alphabetizing folders keeps the folder contents by date. Why you'd want alphabetized contents when you choose alphabetized folders is a mystery, but thats how it worked until now.

MRV is having a lot of scattered problems, principally with the HR20-100's. Looks like you can watch a show, but when you exit out of watching it, the HR20 doesnt register the disconnection of session, so the next time you go to watch something from that machine, it tells you its already serving an MRV stream and wont do it until you reboot.

I do wish they'd at least minimally test this stuff for basic operation and functionality before asking anyone else to test it.

Don't know about you, but I always want the newest most recent programs at the top.

I was able to set my HR20-700 to show according to most recent as long as I've had it.

How does that work?
I need to try it.

If you have downloaded the latest CE, from the H23 you can press the record button while watching live or select a show from the guide. It will give you the option of recording once or recording the series. Make your selection and the content will be recorded on the DVR. It takes a few seconds for the recording to start. I tried it by recording a live show and by choosing one from the guide on the H23 last night, it worked.

That's the concept, and a nice addition at that. Hopefully they think to give us the option for HR to HR as well, maybe not with the R button, but perhaps in the menu if you hit select.

Anyone with an H & HR series want to snap screenshots of how it is done that would be nice. Is there anything more than just hitting R?

No MRV yet?

I have an HR23 and an R22(with HD). After last nights CE on both boxes I got the confirmation screen of MRV being back and setting itself up. I re-ran network set up. Rebooted both boxes and I can not see the other box in any direction. Could it possibly be do to my R22 being converted to an HD box? I have a cable from my router to the HR 23 and a cable run between the HR23 and R22. Any ideas?

Report #'s HR23 20091114-254F
R22 20091114-1E9C

Also did the "BRINGMRVBACK" keyword search.

Last edited:
That's the concept, and a nice addition at that. Hopefully they think to give us the option for HR to HR as well, maybe not with the R button, but perhaps in the menu if you hit select.

Anyone with an H & HR series want to snap screenshots of how it is done that would be nice. Is there anything more than just hitting R?

You are correct. Just press record on the remote and you get a popup with the options of Record Once, Record Series, or Do Nothing.

Don't know about you, but I always want the newest most recent programs at the top.

I was able to set my HR20-700 to show according to most recent as long as I've had it.

I agree, having the most recent shows/folders at the top makes the most sense. But sometimes when we're looking for a particular show thats somewhere in the 40 pages of merged playlist, its easier to sort by folder name alphabetically and then its easy to find.

But previously when you did that, the show titles within the folder were also alphabetized rather than in order of date recorded, so you had to then look for which one was the oldest and play it. That didnt make sense to do that like that, since I dont think it was really helpful to anyone.

This change makes it so that when you sort your folders alphabetically, the shows within the folder remain in the order they were recorded, rather than being sorted by episode name. Thats helpful to most I think.

I have an HR23 and an R22(with HD). After last nights CE on both boxes I got the confirmation screen of MRV being back and setting itself up. I re-ran network set up. Rebooted both boxes and I can not see the other box in any direction. Could it possibly be do to my R22 being converted to an HD box? I have a cable from my router to the HR 23 and a cable run between the HR23 and R22. Any ideas?

Report #'s HR23 20091114-254F
R22 20091114-1E9C

Also did the "BRINGMRVBACK" keyword search.

Steve,

Have you had MRV working in the past?

Check your System Setup Menu, do you have the Location Tab on both DVRs?

H23

Not the best pictures in the world, but should be good enough. This is taken on an H23-600 and being sent to an R22 or an HR23-700.

Attachments

• 000_0313.jpg
    000_0313.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 000_0314.jpg
    000_0314.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 000_0315.jpg
    000_0315.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 000_0316.jpg
    000_0316.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 183
No MRV

Steve,

Have you had MRV working in the past?

Check your System Setup Menu, do you have the Location Tab on both DVRs?

Just tried first last CE and that gave me a lot of problems. I do have a location tab on both receivers and have labled them. Tried unplugging both receivers. Replace the cable running between the two with a crossover (no difference)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)