HR2x / R22 CE Release 11/14 0x02A0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in CE:17:01
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR22-200 • HR23-700
R22-100 • R22-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, November 14, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 15, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

The Contents of this CE Download:
Differences based on last National Release

• Items from CE:17:01 Moderate Risk

New features
  • 01 - Faster Guide
  • 01 - Support for up to 8 remote controls IR codes (instead of 2)
  • 01 - Support for more 1080p Sony TV models

Improved/Updated
  • 01 - “Overnight” issues where in the morning the box shows gray screen or a PPV OSD
  • 01 - Single Tuner “About to Record” OSD not appearing
  • 01 - DIRECTV2PC: Failure to play back recordings with message “Server has no response”
  • 01 - Media Share: Connection issue with Popcorn Hour A-100 network media device
  • 01 - When “Connect to the Internet” screen reports a failure, the “Try Again” button wasn’t properly retesting to get a DHCP IP address
  • 01 - Miscellaneous UI fixes

Notes
  • 01 - This CE cycle may incorporate fixes/updates from CE:16 that were not included in the NR.
  • 01 - When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number

Last edited:

That was expected, MRV only on the H21-200 at this time. Got to start somewhere and D* decided to put a client on a non-DVR box to shake things out, MRV on the DVR's are exected at some future date.

Downloading on one box right now. Wife won't let me do all the boxes at the same time. :)

I am very glad to see the advanced remote codes are back for 8 receiver support.

It wasn't in the notes, so I was worried.

Very happy to have this feature back! :)

R22-100 Report # 20081114-3952

The overall speed and responsiveness is better, but it could use a bit more improvement .

Channel Changing speed till a bit slow. Long wait for channel to change with a gray screen.

VOD is Slow. The menus take a but to load and the channel takes a while to change.

When playing a movie from Media Share there is a Gray Screen that appears, and the video takes about 40 seconds to start to play. Also the video freezes up once in a while. The motion/ speed on the video is not right. Does look right.
Tried several video's and did same thing. Using Tversity!

The overall speed and responsiveness is better, but it could use a bit more improvement .

Channel Changing speed till a bit slow. Long wait for channel to change with a gray screen.

VOD is Slow. The menus take a but to load and the channel takes a while to change.

When playing a movie from Media Share there is a Gray Screen that appears, and the video takes about 40 seconds to start to play. Also the video freezes up once in a while. The motion/ speed on the video is not right. Does look right.
Tried several video's and did same thing. Using Tversity!

Try it in the morning, with the recent download a lot of stuff is still being processed, things generally work a bit quicker the next day.

Jimbo

I am very glad to see the advanced remote codes are back for 8 receiver support.

It wasn't in the notes, so I was worried.

Very happy to have this feature back! :)

Jason,

Where can I see this feature? My wife and I have our own remotes working the same HR20 in the bedroom (big bed):D

Remote works the DVR features but not the Pioneer receiver that powers the HT system. I can only program one of the remotes to do this. The other remote cannot be programed. Will this feature solve my dilema?:confused:

Just finished downloading it on my two HR21-100 with AM21.

All I can say is good job Directv! This GUI is MUCH faster. Still not as fast as Dish's boxes but getting a lot better.

I also really like the longer channel descriptions and updated logos in the favorites setup. It would be nice to see those channel logos in the main program guide.

I'll put it through more testing tomorrow.

Not sure if we should be reporting trouble with Direct2pc yet but I've been having the same problem, everything connects fine however I get the NO RECORDED PROGRAMS error that others have reported. Running the test I get all green lights.

Report to Directv 20081115-24EA

R22-100 Hopes for 480i

I finished downloading the new release a while ago and am pleased with the increased speed of the gui and increased information when scheduling recordings. I've also noticed an improvement with mediashare and viewing files from my home pc. Good work DirecTV.

The one main feature I think many, many R22-100 users would love to see is the ability to set the resolution to 480i as well as 480p for Component video connections. Since the R22-100 is SD only, it means that all R22's must be hooked up to SD televisions, and most SD televisions have Component Video inputs which do not accept 480p Component Video resolution. Just like being able to choose 480i output or 480p output resolutions with a DVD player, the R22-100 should be able to do the same thing. A simple software upgrade. The HD resolutions, 720p and 1080p, should remain disabled.

This would allow many customers to get the superior image quality of Component Video, instead of using S-video or composite and compromising our picture quality.

--jayzero22 "it's all about the picture quality"

I finished downloading the new release a while ago and am pleased with the increased speed of the gui and increased information when scheduling recordings. I've also noticed an improvement with mediashare and viewing files from my home pc. Good work DirecTV.

The one main feature I think many, many R22-100 users would love to see is the ability to set the resolution to 480i as well as 480p for Component video connections. Since the R22-100 is SD only, it means that all R22's must be hooked up to SD televisions, and most SD televisions have Component Video inputs which do not accept 480p Component Video resolution. Just like being able to choose 480i output or 480p output resolutions with a DVD player, the R22-100 should be able to do the same thing. A simple software upgrade. The HD resolutions, 720p and 1080p, should remain disabled.

This would allow many customers to get the superior image quality of Component Video, instead of using S-video or composite and compromising our picture quality.

I totally agree with that!! I also would like that feature!

I tried this again this morning and same exact issues as last night. Here is what I posted last night.

Tried several video's and did same thing. Using Tversity! __________________

Unlike a 480p DVD aren't the SD programs produced 480i? If so, where would the improvement lie? Not that I am against users having the option.

Jason,

Where can I see this feature? My wife and I have our own remotes working the same HR20 in the bedroom (big bed):D

Remote works the DVR features but not the Pioneer receiver that powers the HT system. I can only program one of the remotes to do this. The other remote cannot be programed. Will this feature solve my dilema?:confused:

This change allows up to 8 infrared remote codes as opposed to the original two. So it is most useful if you have 3 or more receivers, especially if they are in close proximity, such as a sports bar, or home media server type setup (like what I have).

For me, it was useful because it enables remote code 00002, which works for a second receiver option in slingbox software. The AV1/AV2 code of 00003 is not supported.

If this is something you want to try, it is in MENU->Setup->Remote->Advanced Setups

Also, codes 5-8 require one of the newer remotes, RC32 and above if I reacall. Older remotes like the RC23 only support up to the 4th code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)