HR2x / R22 CE Release 11/28

quick tune looks a little different. it's a bit slow right now but i'll give it till the morning to send a report and to post anything further here. good night to all :)

I really like the MRV naming option. This will be a huge help for all the people with multiple DVR's.

So far the guide is pretty quick compaired to pre CE. If this is they way it stays, I will be a real happy camper.

There still seems to be a several second delay between pushing the up Arrow Button and the actual screen showing up. Faster response time would be appreciated!

Recommendations:

- Quicktune should be assigned a Color Button on the Remote like Red or Green.It would be easier to find and push in the long run. Red and Green button don't do anything durring live tv anyway.

- The name of the Program should show for each channel in Quicktune. For example it would say "CSI Miami" when I scroll over to that particular channel. Maybe put it where is says "Press Green Button to add channel" Some program guide info put into it would be very helpfull.

- More Channels in the Quicktune grid! Should be able to customize it.

- Should show up in a corner instead, so it doesn't block as much of the important part of the screen. Like the buttom left.

- The size of the screen should be customizable. It doesn't have to be so big.

- More user control and customization would be great.

If other people also would like to see some of these features implemented, please post what you think here. The more people that say it, the more likely it will happen.

Thanks, Directv!

More Recommendations:

- A different color recording light if the receiver is recording Two shows than if it recording only One.
If that isn't possible, then some "other" way of knowing whether it is recording One or Two programs.

- A new way to skip those annoying commercials would be super!

- Faster Interface including response times.

There still seems to be a several second delay between pushing the up Arrow Button and the actual screen showing up. Faster response time would be appreciated!

What system are you seeing this on? I have a HR20-100 that I get sub second response on the quicktune feature.

HR21-700 here, I'm a newbie to D* (after 8 year hiatus) so this is my first CE. Guide is snappier than before, music stations background image changed.

Quicktune works fine, though I'd like to be able to move the stations around more easily. One thing that would be neat on NR rollout (and maybe make it an option ongoing) would be to pre-populate the menu with channels tuned most frequently. I don't know if the box collects statistics like that.

HR21-700 here, I'm a newbie to D* (after 8 year hiatus) so this is my first CE. Guide is snappier than before, music stations background image changed.

Quicktune works fine, though I'd like to be able to move the stations around more easily. One thing that would be neat on NR rollout (and maybe make it an option ongoing) would be to pre-populate the menu with channels tuned most frequently. I don't know if the box collects statistics like that.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

forgot to mention one more thing. when i switch to a sd channel the sound drops out for one or two seconds after 2 seconds of having tuned to the channel. doesn't happen with the HD channels. had this same issue with last weeks download too. i'll send a report later today.