HR2x / R22 CE Release 11/28

My HR22-100 recorded zero minutes of the 9pm ET showing of Deep Cover on HDNet channel 306 not sure if the CE was the problem or not. Had to record at midnight and it worked with no problems.

Last edited:
HR21-100

After watching football on ESPN HD tonight, the receiver was VERY slow again. After taking about a minute or two for it to react to a remote command, it just totally locked up and I had to RBR.

HR21-100

After watching football on ESPN HD tonight, the receiver was VERY slow again. After taking about a minute or two for it to react to a remote command, it just totally locked up and I had to RBR.

Rob,
Did your problems clear up after the Reboot ?

Jimbo

It worked for the shorterm but then it got slow again. It seems to really bog down if you watch HD programming.

I ended up going back to the national release on my main HR21-100 since the wife will need to use it tonight.

I am loving the quicktune function. This is something great that no Dish box can do. Its a well thought out feature. Two thumbs up with this new feature. :)

I am loving the quicktune function. This is something great that no Dish box can do. Its a well thought out feature. Two thumbs up with this new feature. :)
Hasn't that feature been available on the very earliest HD recievers? Like the Hughes HIRD e86??? It had turbotune same exact thing. I would hope its well thought out by now since its been around for YEARS. LOL I agree its a great feature but there's nothing really new about it. SHould have been on the HR series from the get go.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat - never had Quicktune on any Dish receiver, ReplayTv, or DirecTv receiver until now - and really like it. It is very fast and easy for those common used channels.

Now if I could just remove the list of channel numbers from my brain :D

Hasn't that feature been available on the very earliest HD recievers? Like the Hughes HIRD e86??? It had turbotune same exact thing. I would hope its well thought out by now since its been around for YEARS. LOL I agree its a great feature but there's nothing really new about it. SHould have been on the HR series from the get go.

My old Sony 2nd - 4th gen units had this feature.

Yes, this type of thing was available on the Hughes E86, also the mini guide they use was also available on that unit.
I liked it then and glad it's here on their new stuff :)

Jimbo

Hdtvtechno Thanks for the help with the hulk trailer looks great. I downloaded this update and had quicktune set up it is now gone, the info and test says the latest update is 029b That isn't right is it? stb services port says N/A(301) says it supports 480i,720p,1080i and1080/60 but i know it supports 1080/24...

Hdtvtechno Thanks for the help with the hulk trailer looks great. I downloaded this update and had quicktune set up it is now gone, the info and test says the latest update is 029b That isn't right is it? stb services port says N/A(301) says it supports 480i,720p,1080i and1080/60 but i know it supports 1080/24...

029b is the current national release. Sounds like maybe you downloaded after the scheduled time.

CE releases are only available to download at designated times, usually certain Friday and Saturday nights when it is unlikely that an installer would be installing a new system. That's because they can only have one version of software available at a time (for each receiver).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)