HR2x / R22 CE Release 11/28

Downloaded this CE to both of my HR21-100s.

The GUI is MUCH faster and stable on them than last weeks so far. If you remember, I had a VERY slugish GUI with up to 10 second delays last week. Now it seems a little faster than the national release I had reverted back to on last Monday.

As REY pointed out above, it still has an issue with tuning in SD channels - I had the issue before also. On some recordings of SD content, the audio is also missing which could be related to the sound dropping out when watching live.

I also had to do a RBR when trying to use Mediashare to watch video content from Hulu through Play On. The sucker just totally locked up.

Also getting picture breakups on some HD channels - it just locks for a sec, pixelates, then comes back. Seems to be processor related since I've noticed it sometimes happens when I'm bringing up the My Playlist menu or the guide/menu on the screen. Maybe they are putting more processor cycles to the GUI instead of video decoding that is causing this? If that is the case, I'll take a faster gui anyday! ;)

Report Key: 20081129-37C3

Last edited:
Sonic Tap?

confused.gif
Are they supposed to be free?
confused.gif

biggrin2.gif
All are bright in the Guide, but I don't get 870,873,876,877; get 871,872,874,875,878,879?
:pAlso, the More Information panel displays after each selection, however, I see that it finally goes into an attract screen non-burn-in mode with the bouncing panel!:p

Last edited:
If you dowload the CE you already have it. Activate it by pressing the up arrow on the remote.
Its a nice add on but wayyyyyyyyy overdue. My old Hughes e86 HD reciever had that feature off the bat where you could bring up that little matrix of favorites on the screen.

still not really sure how the MVR works or what it does to be honest. I know what the abbreviation stands for but where can I get some actual info on what it does and how one uses it?

still not really sure how the MVR works or what it does to be honest. I know what the abbreviation stands for but where can I get some actual info on what it does and how one uses it?

Here is an example.

I have an H21-200 non-DVR receiver. I also have 2 HR20 receivers. With MVR I can watch recorded shows from both HR20's to my H21 via my home network. Moving foward if you have multiple HRxx series DVR's you will be able to watch recordings on any of the DVR's no matter what DVR has the recording.

Does that help?

It's weird how the CE made some boxes slower and made some just as fast.

The Channel changing speed on my R22-100 is really slow. Scrolling through the guide is too bad, but waiting for the guide to show up takes quite a bit of time. My menu and my guide are a bit pixelated too.

Mine is doing the same thing! 2nd that!!

I had sound dropouts after changing channels until I reset. Edit: The reset rebooted the box twice (I had not seen that with prior resets).

I will also retract what I said about the guide being faster, after the box "chewed" on the CE overnight it returned to the same speed as 0x029B. Reset didn't change anything with that.

HR21-100

While watching a local HD channel, all of a sudden the GUI is very slow. It's taking 45+ seconds or more to bring up the guide or my list of recorded programs. Once I tune to an SD channel, it speeds back up. Then slow again when tuned to an HD channel.

I also got an error trying to play a recorded movie - "Searching for authorized content" with just a gray screen.

HR21-100

While watching a local HD channel, all of a sudden the GUI is very slow. It's taking 45+ seconds or more to bring up the guide or my list of recorded programs. Once I tune to an SD channel, it speeds back up. Then slow again when tuned to an HD channel.

I also got an error trying to play a recorded movie - "Searching for authorized content" with just a gray screen.

is that on a Local OTA channel with the AM21 tuner ?

Here is an example.

I have an H21-200 non-DVR receiver. I also have 2 HR20 receivers. With MVR I can watch recorded shows from both HR20's to my H21 via my home network. Moving foward if you have multiple HRxx series DVR's you will be able to watch recordings on any of the DVR's no matter what DVR has the recording.

Does that help?

Will R-15s also work?

is that on a Local OTA channel with the AM21 tuner ?

It was the feed from Directv, not OTA. I noticed if I tuned to an SD for a while and then tuned to an HD channel, things were fast again. It was like tuning to an SD channel killed some processes that were making the receiver run slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)