Friday, December 25, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated

Stability

Notes
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

New features
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema
CE:21:11 (0x0374) - Enriched Guide Data:
Similar Shows
Cast & Crew
GUIDE Artwork
Actor Filmography
Actor Awards
Star ratings for movies

CE:21:12 (0x0379) - Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated
CE:21:01 (0x034D) Very High Risk
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
In the TO DO LIST for upcoming recordings:
Rec. Once is now Episode Options
Rec. Series is now Series Options
In the TO DO LIST for programs currently recording:
Rec. Once... is now Recording...
Rec. Series... is now Series Options
In the GUIDE for non-series-link programs:
Rec. Once is now Record Once
Rec. Series is now Record Series
Under the hood
CE:21:02 (0x0350) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:04 (0x0356) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:05 (0x035B) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:06 (0x035F) SCARY HIGH RISK
Under the hood
CE:21:07 (0x0364) Customer Candidate
Under the hood
CE:21:08 (0x0368) Customer Candidate
Under the hood
CE:21:09 (0x036A) Moderate Risk
Media Share Improvements
Under the hood
CE:21:10 (0x036F) Moderate Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:11 (0x0374) High Risk
Quasi under the hood
Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder
CE:21:12 (0x0379) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:13 (0x037E) High Risk
Under the hood
Must reenter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword to get Misc Options
CE:21:14 (0x0380) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:15 (0x0384) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:16 (0x0388) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:17 (0x038c) High Risk
Under the hood

Ya been without MRV for a week.. Kept CE from last week but had to turn off MRV on both boxes or they would become non responsive to anything

Yes, they sent one out last night for Christmas.
I will give it some time to settle in, but I'm not liking it so far.

If I rewind and or FF, it will break up for a second or so, not right away, but it starts within a few minutes, was very difficult to watch last night.

Still doing it some this morning.
This is the first time I've had any trouble with a CE in many months. (not doing MRV).

Hopefully it will clear up soon.
HR20-700

anyone having network troubles after dowloading this CE? My router took a crap this afternoon, about 11 hours after d/ling the CE. It physically appeared to be working, but the network disappeared. No internet no DVRs no laptop. I swapped out with another router & as soon as I plugged in the ethernet cable to the DVRs I lost the network again :confused::confused:. Uplugged DVRs from network & restarted router & computer & now it's back. I will have to switch back to the original router (minus the DVRs) & see what happens.

Sure enough my router works just fine now without the DVRs online. I am not exactly sure what the techinical details would be of what went wrong, but this is what happened.

Downloaed CE last night about 1 am. MRV worked just fine in the first couple hours. I stopped watching TV about 430 am. Internet/network/router were fine when I got back up about 830 am. MRV was still working fine. Around noon I came home from an errand & one of the DVRs gave a message that no other DVRs were found. My wife's laptop lost her wirless connection & my main computer lost the wired connection.

I am running a DLINK wirless N router. Ethernet cable connected to the HR23-700 & the HR20-700 connected through the HR23.

Never had any troubles with my HR20-700 being connected to the network, CE or national. This is only the 2nd time trying MRV.

About the only thing I can think of is that something else on your network decided it was a DHCP server and the default router, but had no actual gateway to anything.

In that case you'd get an address, but would have no access to the internet. Whatever took over might have also decided that it was 192.168.0.1 or .1.1 just like your router.

Only negative I'm seeing so far is slow remote response vs the CE from 2 weeks ago. I skipped last week since MRV wasnt working. Since I didnt get last weeks CE, my boxes flushed their guide data and had to start over, so maybe the slowness will improve in another day or so as the guide data processing wraps up.

Been working good all week, MRV even working pretty good (very few lags).

Remote response on the other hand, is great on one unit, but really delayed on the other.
Both HR20-700.

I'm getting the same thing. Erratic remote response. Sometimes its fine, sometimes its abysmal.

Two persistent minor issues I've had for at least a month.

One is when remote deleting a show, a small percentage of the time the playlist will come back up, I see the show is gone, but the unit wont respond to the remote. I hit up or down and see the power led blink, but it wont move. If I hit exit, it exits the playlist and reentering the playlist everything is fine. Just gets stuck there. The first few times it happened I waited a while to see if it'd come back, but it doesnt.

The other is the weird play bar popup. I'll be sitting watching a show. Seems to usually be football, but maybe thats just the longest shows I watch so more likely to happen. Remote is sitting on the table. Play bar will pop up on its own and show the current position as well before where I am in the show, sometimes in the beginning. Then it'll refresh and move the current position to where I am, and the play bar disappears. I've probably seen this 10-12 times in the past month. Seems it just sort of decides it doesnt know where it is, pops up the playbar, figures it out, and goes back to sleep.

I see the show is gone

eh, sometimes it isnt. I've been able to reproduce this with some good consistency. Watch a show via MRV. When it gets to the end, say 27 minutes out of 30, hit FF four times. It'll advance to the end and just sit there. If you're patient, it'll eventually time out to the "delete yes/no" pop up. If you arent, and I'm not, you'll hit 'play' when its obviously at the end, the popup will come up within a second or two, and hit delete.

The majority of the time, at least on my two hr20-100's, it'll pop back to the playlist, sometimes with the show gone, other times without, and it'll just sit there and ignore everything except 'exit'.

No network problems of any kind on my HR22.
I am still not sure what happended in my situation. After reverting back to the national releases all is right again with my DVRs hooked up to the network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts