HR2x / R22 CE Release 5/29 v.31A

Sometimes the MRV on/off just takes a LOOOOOONG time to complete.

I have 2 HR20-700s 1 HR21-100, connected via wired network, all 3 show MRV set to on, I set the friendly names on all 3. Do you think waiting on the MRV on would be a good idea?

thanks
rh

Ouch, Major issues here. This concerns the DTV2PC app, somehow the new CE messed up something. Can play non-hd items still but now any HD items the player starts playing the show then says:

"The Videos audio is protected and cannot be played back. Try updating your audio driver and then try again"

How badly this CE has messed things up is amazing to mew. Prior CE DTV2PC was working excellently. Good thing I don't use it much to begin with.

Error report key: 20090530-2207

Last edited:
I have 2 HR20-700s 1 HR21-100, connected via wired network, all 3 show MRV set to on, I set the friendly names on all 3. Do you think waiting on the MRV on would be a good idea?

thanks
rh

IMHO MRV for the HR2X's be clients are toast for this CE.

MRV works between my R22-100 and my H21-100's. I thought someone said that you could now delete recording now from the client reciever? I couldn't seem to delete anything. What is new about MRV with this download. I have noticed nothing new or different.

MRV works between my R22-100 and my H21-100's. I thought someone said that you could now delete recording now from the client reciever? I couldn't seem to delete anything. What is new about MRV with this download. I have noticed nothing new or different.

AFAIK, the remote delete would be only between all the DVR's with this release, not the H21/H23 non-DVR's. But it's kind of hard to test is since the MRV client on the DVR's is broken with this release.

Ouch, Major issues here. This concerns the DTV2PC app, somehow the new CE messed up something. Can play non-hd items still but now any HD items the player starts playing the show then says:

"The Videos audio is protected and cannot be played back. Try updating your audio driver and then try again"

How badly this CE has messed things up is amazing to mew. Prior CE DTV2PC was working excellently. Good thing I don't use it much to begin with.

Followup:

Mediashare is totally fubared now. In the previous CE I was able to run all 3 items:
TVveristy
PlayOn
Win7 RC media streaming
and have access to all 3. With this CE, if I'm lucky 2 out of the 3 will show up when I select the media sharing feature on my HR-22. Most times only one shows up. As far as things like Mediashare and DTV2PC are concerned this CE is horrible. Fortunatly I don't use either feature that much right now but if your someone that does and hasn't dl the CE this week you may want to reconsider. This is the first time I'd consider going back to the NR except I don't want to lose other stuff but am sorely tempted.

Last edited:
Way to go DTV, you screwed things up again. This concerns the DTV2PC app, somehow the new CE screwed up something. Can play non-hd items still but any HD items the player starts playing the show then says:

How they can screw things up so much without trying is simply amazing. Prior CE DTV2PC was working excellently. Good thing I don't use it much to begin with.

mine works fine, better actyually than it did before, used to havce lots of stuttering, now i can actully watch someting

Way to go DTV, you screwed things up again. This concerns the DTV2PC app, somehow the new CE screwed up something. Can play non-hd items still but any HD items the player starts playing the show then says:

How they can screw things up so much without trying is simply amazing. Prior CE DTV2PC was working excellently. Good thing I don't use it much to begin with.

Bratboy, IMHO you're not a good canidate for being a CE tester. The CE process may and as we see this weekend, cause features on the box to fail. Sounds like you don't have the patience/understanding do be a CE tester based on the wording of your report and should just go back to the national release of code and wait for the ne features to eventually make it national release.

What improvements did they make on MRV in this release? I don't see anything!

The published improvement was supposed to be that you could delete recordings from a MRV server via a MRV client (DVR's only at this release). But the code broke the MRV client code on the DVR's so we can't test that part. They also added a new setup option, LOCATION, for putting in the 'friendly' server name and a couple access control parameters.

Rad,
I download them every week and I do my best to put them thru their paces, and when I find issues I report them, just perhaps not as verbosely as this time.(I will go back and tone down the anger part since it seems offensive) I actually expect the occational problem and totally understand that things like that happen and accept that as a part of participating in the CE program. Its just that this weeks CE has thrown me for more of a loop than usual.

Sorry if I sound mad over this weeks CE. It is just that for the most part, other than some minor issues in past CE's, I've just not had one act this badly for me. I spent hours getting everything on new computer setup including reformating a HD and totally rebuilding my system, OS and all, from the ground up and with last weeks CE everything was working I would say flawlessly. Then This weeks feels like a major backstep and its fustraiting because I can't see how so much could go bad at once.

If you can't understand that then so be it.

Edit: well I toned down my origonal post but not sure if it will update anyone elses posts that quoted me

Rad,
I download them every week and I do my best to put them thru their paces, and when I find issues I report them, just perhaps not as verbosely as this time.(I will go back and tone down the anger part since it seems offensive) I actually expect the occational problem and totally understand that things like that happen and accept that as a part of participating in the CE program. Its just that this weeks CE has thrown me for more of a loop than usual.

Sorry if I sound mad over this weeks CE. It is just that for the most part, other than some minor issues in past CE's, I've just not had one act this badly for me. I spent hours getting everything on new computer setup including reformating a HD and totally rebuilding my system, OS and all, from the ground up and with last weeks CE everything was working I would say flawlessly. Then This weeks feels like a major backstep and its fustraiting because I can't see how so much could go bad at once.

If you can't understand that then so be it.

Edit: well I toned down my origonal post but not sure if it will update anyone elses posts that quoted me

OK Bratboy, understand and glad you do understand that sh*t can and does happen and that you need to roll with it (which your OP didn't sound like you did).

Looks like I should be happy that I wasn't able to participate last night. Was planning on tonight, but I may hold off now.

Looks like I should be happy that I wasn't able to participate last night. Was planning on tonight, but I may hold off now.

Dodgerking, please don't not participate over what I said. I was just very fustraited over the issues I was having after working so hard to get everything working well on my personal setup. You may have no problems at all and the only way DTV will be able to fix things is if ppl do participate.

To Rad, you were right to say something as I did go a bit overboard, LOL. Between the Nuggets screwing up and also getting some sort of horrible sinus infection I'm dealing with my paitence just snapped a bit.

To anyone else that read my origonal post I appologize for being rather rude/blunt.:bow

Someone else besides me mentioned losing the Playlist...
That is a HUGE issue for me, as I mentioned, I had been waiting for the W/E to finish up several Season Finals, but now have lost it all, even though the amount used still shows the amount I should have.

I will go back to the "NR" and see if I get my playlist back ..... hope, hope, hope .

Jimbo

Ok guy's, I'm back to the "NR " and my Playlist is BACK !!!!

Now, do I dare d/l the CE again tonight incase they have tweaked it some ?

I guess , worse case scenario is I go back to the NR tomorrow ....

Any thoughts ?

Ok guy's, I'm back to the "NR " and my Playlist is BACK !!!!

Now, do I dare d/l the CE again tonight incase they have tweaked it some ?

I guess , worse case scenario is I go back to the NR tomorrow ....

Any thoughts ?
i would wait till next week jim :( i'm lucky not to be experimenting all these issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)