HR2x R22 CE Release 6/12 & 6/13 v.0x323

HR20-100
Report: 20090618-1DF2

Advanced scheduled movies for the preview weekend, using the "your receiver may not be authorized for this, schedule it anyway" approach. All movies showed in the to-do list.

When I checked this morning, the first was showing in the to-do list as recording and could be played from there. However, its not in the playlist either before or after playing from the to-do list. Space has dropped from 49% to 47%, so its showing there.

I hope all the preview weekend recordings arent like this, as I imagine they wont work with MRV if they arent in the playlist.

Nevermind. It wasnt showing anything that it recorded in the playlist, not just the advanced scheduled preview movies, since about 6-7PM last night. They're recorded and can be played from the history but dont show up in the playlist.

Reboot brought them back to the playlist. After I'd deleted and re-entered all 920,000 movies I'd scheduled for the next four days :rant::p

Nevermind. It wasnt showing anything that it recorded in the playlist, not just the advanced scheduled preview movies, since about 6-7PM last night. They're recorded and can be played from the history but dont show up in the playlist.

Reboot brought them back to the playlist. After I'd deleted and re-entered all 920,000 movies I'd scheduled for the next four days :rant::p

Wow, How do you find time to watch that many movies ??? :D

I still prefer the CE over NR but the bedroom HR22-100 (BR) has had some problems since I originally restarted both HR22's to get MRV working between the them. BR HR22 completely froze while navigating with remote and had to be restarted to get any response out of it. And the following day I lost audio in the MRV stream from BR to LR and had to restart again to get it back. (I restarted LR HR22 first but made no difference so I believe problem was with BR HR22.) I also noticed during this time while I could see a merged List on both DVR's, the list was incomplete but restored after restarting BR HR22.

The NR s/w is very unstable while using 30slip or 30skip in multiple pressing of button to skip multiple commercials and often skips to end of recording or buffer on both HR22's. While I have only seen this once on the LR HR-22 with CE s/w.

I see audio/video distortions on MRV which are not duplicated by rewinding and viewing same frames where distortions originally noticed. I wonder if there is a way to add some oversampling to prevent read errors in the MRV stream? More notable and frequent in HD streams.

I've also noticed that remote function is more responsive after letting dvr catch up on its tasks, a couple of days as opposed to overnight. Also as a note, I'm using RF mode on both remotes and wonder if anyone has noticed a difference in lag times between RF and IR? My BR HR22-100 has a narrow margin of error for point and click using IR mode so I prefer the RF mode. To me, lag times are no different between NR and CE but CE is more stable using 30 skip and slip. I very much dislike the NR in regards to skipping to end of recording or buffer when using multiple clicks to get past commercials in succession.

Sent report # 20090618-1C72 to DirecTv. I see room for improvement but prefer the CE over the NR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts