HR2x R22 CE Release 6/12 & 6/13 v.0x323

lost internet with this CE

Everything shows as connected but it can't connect to the internet. I was fine before the download. It shows connected to my network though

Trevor

HR-100 one in bedroom and one in family room

I like the combined playlist just fine. We didnt have "his and hers" dvr's though. Its pretty cool to not have to remember which box your shows are on and to be able to split up series links over two boxes.

Only downside is with 2tb of storage the playlist is a little long. But new stuff is always at the top, so no biggie.

Heres the one thing I noted about this CE. Looks like they prepared the customer pop screen for the NR and all it talks about is PPV (I aint using the fancy new marketing game for $5 PPV's) and DLB. Nothing about MRV.

Its happened before that a feature in the CE didnt get into the NR and sometimes they werent in subsequent CE's for a while, or not at all.

If this is the case, hopefully they'll allow it to be enabled with a keyword.

Only reason I can think of for them to kick this can down the road aways is that as implemented, MRV has network requirements that simply arent going to be met by many directv customers. Many 11b/11g wireless networks, lower speed powerline, etc just wont work with the full-bore streaming speeds required by MRV. You almost need a 100% 11n or a wired network to get it to work @100%. So it may simply be that directv doesnt want a million phone calls from people about MRV glitches on more common household networks.

Or all the PO'd people who bought the directv offered 85Mb/s powerline product and now see that it doesnt work with MRV.

HR21-100 with AM21
Remote response is taking 4-8 seconds. It is almost unusable. I'm also not getting guide data beyond 12 or so hours. I just rebooted it and will see if the guide data gets better. Will send a report later. Some OTA channels in Denver DMA are no longer mapped correctly but probably not due to the CE.

Well, I d/l ed the CE last night, as I always do.

Today when I turned the unit on about 10 minutes ago, it said there was new stuff.
It prompted me to give it a location name, so I did, the same one I use on the D* website.

Then asked if I wanted to share the list, said Yes, then when I was done, I went to the playlist to see what it looked like and it was GONE.

I will see if I can go back into the menu's and turn it off and see if my playlist comes back, if NOT, I will have to go back to the NR again, for the second straight week.

Also the CID doesn't work this week.

report : 20090613-30F2

Jimbo

HR21-100 with AM21
Remote response is taking 4-8 seconds. It is almost unusable. I'm also not getting guide data beyond 12 or so hours. I just rebooted it and will see if the guide data gets better. Will send a report later. Some OTA channels in Denver DMA are no longer mapped correctly but probably not due to the CE.
Thats what I have in one room. I wonder if its the AM-21 that makes to SO slow. it makes it hard to even type a channel number in when its that slow.

I'm getting the "Cannot play DTCP content. AKE failed". Just tried CE s/w 0x323 for first time and everything seems to work except MRV. I entered the keyword search options on both receivers and get the merged playback list with sort and delete options but no shared playback from either receiver. I tried to use the "Network Services" feature under setup but it will not "Connect successfully" in auto or manual mode after successfully starting network services. Is the failure to connect to network services my problem? Any suggestions on how to manually setup D-Link wired router? I did some browsing in D-Link help section and it suggested using the "Virtual Server" or "Port Forwarding" features. The D-Link Virtual Server setup is asking for a lot of info: "Public port, Private port, Protocol (UDP, TCP or both). I have two HR22-100's; any suggestions? Thanks!

Update: got it fixed with mrvclientoff/mrvclienton/iamanedgecutter/restart...also moved one ethernet cable from router and connected directly to other dvr.
See this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-cutting-edge-ce-discussion-forum/178278-need-help-mrv.html

Great feature but I spent way too much time getting a simple problem fixed. Thanks to rad and others who posted their solutions to the MRV connection problems.

HR20-100's here, not seeing any performance drop from the last few CE's. Not as fast as the last NR I was on, but its doing a heck of a lot more now.

Well, I d/l ed the CE last night, as I always do.

Today when I turned the unit on about 10 minutes ago, it said there was new stuff.
It prompted me to give it a location name, so I did, the same one I use on the D* website.

Then asked if I wanted to share the list, said Yes, then when I was done, I went to the playlist to see what it looked like and it was GONE.

I will see if I can go back into the menu's and turn it off and see if my playlist comes back, if NOT, I will have to go back to the NR again, for the second straight week.

Also the CID doesn't work this week.

report : 20090613-30F2

Jimbo

My HR20 -700 seems pretty responsive, played with quite a bit this afternoon while scanning in some digital channels...

Well, On my HR20-700, I ended up going back to the "NR" , in order to get my Playlist back.
I know I could go to the History folder to watch them, but no telling what was going to happen next.

I went back to the NR and the Playlist came right back as well as the CID.
Seeing the units were just updated the other day to 312 (think it was) and the CE release was very close to it.

I may give it a shot tonight as well just to see if anything else I can find with it.
I can always go back again :)

Weird... I even watched Nurse Jackie S1 E2 VOD from mine with nary a bobble...

I keep seeing that, is it any good ?

Your using your HR20-700 and are having no problems seeing your Playlist after the CE 's of late ?

Is there a charge for Nurse Jackie ?

Downloading now. Took a while to get it going. When I hit the reset button my receiver froze up and I could not do anything. I ended up unplugging it for a few minutes and that still didn't work. It took about a 1/2 hour for it to respond.

And Nurse Jackie must have been ava in my drive as I am on a wireless IP that is slow and it was clear as a bell...

Going to try the CE d/l again tonight, see if I get any different results :eek:

How long does it take to d/l the show on a Wireless set up, I too use a wireless set up, just curious and how long is the show itself ?

No one's in the Chat Room ?

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)