HR2x / R22 CE Release 7/10 v.0335

My HR22's freezing Monday and Tuesday (one each night while in STANDBY) may have caused my equipment to miss that inevitable MRV Server shutdown. I had hoped this was fixed in this CE; maybe not. I haven't read any other posts or reports of frozen HR's either.

From what I'm seeing, they havent changed a dang thing in the CE with regards to MRV. Same exact symptoms for the last 3 weeks.

My hr's only freeze when they get MRV issues and I start messing with them by turning mrv client/server on/off.

My feeling is that the've bailed on mrv for this ce, trying to get the dlb out that they announced in the monthly magazine.

From what I'm seeing, they havent changed a dang thing in the CE with regards to MRV. Same exact symptoms for the last 3 weeks.

My hr's only freeze when they get MRV issues and I start messing with them by turning mrv client/server on/off.

My feeling is that the've bailed on mrv for this ce, trying to get the dlb out that they announced in the monthly magazine.

It's probably a good idea, if they actually did that.
Let's get one thing going good before we introduce more items.

It would be nice if they would go WAY back and get the remotes/ lag fixed before moving on to other things.

I have a feeling that the more they introduce, the slower the overall product gets.

I was losing my Playlist all together when I was turning on the MRV..... It came rightr back when I turned it off, but it took several CE's to determine that,that is what was causing it.

It's probably a good idea, if they actually did that.
Let's get one thing going good before we introduce more items.

It would be nice if they would go WAY back and get the remotes/ lag fixed before moving on to other things.

I have a feeling that the more they introduce, the slower the overall product gets.

I was losing my Playlist all together when I was turning on the MRV..... It came rightr back when I turned it off, but it took several CE's to determine that,that is what was causing it.

i agree. this is why i've said in the past that no new features should be added until a dvr with more processing power is produced. I love participating in the ce program but it's my opinion that these dvr's are at their max already. let's get them working the best we can and no more new features.

I'm not sure its a problem with the hardware. The Tivo HD uses about the same power cpu and memory, and it manages to do all the stuff that directv is trying to get the hr2x's to do.

Its all in how they've architected the s/w. I think its trying to do too much stuff in real time and the user interface has to have one of the lower priorities of all the tasks the box is trying to do.

I'm not sure its a problem with the hardware. The Tivo HD uses about the same power cpu and memory, and it manages to do all the stuff that directv is trying to get the hr2x's to do.

Its all in how they've architected the s/w. I think its trying to do too much stuff in real time and the user interface has to have one of the lower priorities of all the tasks the box is trying to do.

????

The TIVO did MRV ???
InterActive stuff ?
Scoreguide ?

Yes tivo did and does do mrv. Not on the directivo's but in their standalone product. It doesnt stream it in real time, which in my opinion is an inferior approach that wont work with most peoples home networks.

Tivo has a number of interactive features, swivel search and a lot more internet connectivity than the HR2x.

This isnt to engage in a tivo vs directv HR shootout. The point is that the HD tivo has essentially the same innards as the HR2x and does substantially the same features, including DLB, MRV and PC transfers...without the laggy inconsistent response time.

You can definitely throw more hardware at the software to make it perform better. For sure there are far faster parts that could be brought to bear without a huge increase in box cost. But we have contemporary examples in the tivo standalone and recent dish products that use essentially the same base hardware platform as the HR2x with similar feature sets, without the lag, dropped remote keystrokes, going off into space for 15 seconds, etc.

My HR21-700 would not turn on when I came home this evening until I did an RBR. Good thing there's a new CE tonight.

lost my to do list

I have my season passes in there but the all say 0 recordings as of now on both receivers. We have had to reinput the passes again, frustrating

Trevor

My HR21-700 would not turn on when I came home this evening until I did an RBR. Good thing there's a new CE tonight.

Since the last CE removed MRV, I waited. But, I've now seen this issue twice since installing this CE. It just won't power up. Today I waited a lot longer than normal and just as I was about to hit the RBR, it came on. Then off, then the blue circle light began to flash in a strange way I've never seen. I then hit the RBR, and got it back again.

FYI: I have the same model unit too.
EDIT:
Oh, I'm on CE 0339

I'm still running the CE with MRV in it. I just reboot the boxes every afternoon when nobody is using them. Otherwise the MRV freezes after ~2.5 days and the box freezes up shortly thereafter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts