HR2x / R22 CE Release 7/10 v.0335

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HR21-700
While playing a recording (not MRV), the stop button didn't work and Info showed info about the program currently airing on the same channel. It's like it got confused and thought it was playing live TV. It sorted out either after the report was started or the recording ended (both happened at about the same time).
Report: 20090712-9DC

I put the CE on both of my DVR's and the play list on the family room won't stay on A-Z it always goes back to sort by date, got any solutions?

Are you using the same sort method on both DVR's?

I've had so many problems maintaining a shared list, I don't dare switch it off default but I did notice there is two places to change the sorting method which could possibly be causing a conflict if one changes and the other doesn't. I just tried it and had to change it at MISC Options and the Playlist Options (yellow button while in List) to get the list to re-sort. The list showed the option I selected at MISC. Options but did not actually re-sort to new option until I selected it again with playlist options (yellow button in list).

It doesn't matter which is changed first but the list is confusing until it is changed in both locations mentioned. They should change together but that is not the case with my HR22's and most likely yours as well.

DK:20090713-24B6
HR21-100

i will have to go back to the national release for the 5th week in a row. still having major issues with guide scrolling with this ce. makes viewing impossible so i have no choice. haven't noticed any other issues.

Last edited:
DK:20090713-24B6
HR21-100

i will have to go back to the national release for the 5th ween in a row. still having major issues with guide scrolling with this ce. makes viewing impossible so i have no choice. haven't noticed any other issues.

Explain your self Rey,
Guide scrolling, going to the guide and looking for a show ...
What is the Viewing impossible part ?

Jimbo

Explain your self Rey,
Guide scrolling, going to the guide and looking for a show ...
What is the Viewing impossible part ?

Jimbo

scrolling up or down through the guide. i can't look for programming through the guide making it impossible to find and view my shows. it's that slow. takes 6 or more seconds between presses. too much.

Just thought I'd mention, still having problems with the page up/down on the guide. The speed is very erratic and slow to bring up the next page. This is on my HR23-700. I reported it on a previous CE release and ended up having to revert to national as it was almost unusable. So far, we're sticking it out but it takes 3 seconds or so once you hit the page button for the next page of channels to appear so scrolling through all the channels takes forever.

I put the CE on both of my DVR's and the play list on the family room won't stay on A-Z it always goes back to sort by date, got any solutions?

I noticed the same thing. Even though I have both of mine set to "keep last sort" it reverts to date sort every time you exit the playlist.

Has anyone had any MRV Server shutdowns with this CE?

I thought I had one this morning when I was unable to view MRV content from L/R Server but I found that HR22 had went to NA-NA Land and had to RBR to to get it back to reality. Had to run system test to get MRV servers going after that.

Not sure what happened to get the L/R HR22 hung-up like that; I had been watching it and put it in standby and found it hung-up the next morning. The disk was spinning like it was doing something but not responding to remote or front panel to power-on for viewing.

Sent Report # 20090714-27B7 from L/R HR22.

HR21-700
DK 20090714-1E58

After downloading this CE on Friday night, I noticed that the number of shows in my TODO list was quite a bit lower than normal. I thought that it might be due to reloading the guide data after the software update, although this has never happened with prior CE downloads.

By Saturday afternoon, I still had the same low number of shows in the TODO list. In the prioritizer, the series links did not show the correct number of episodes available. I deleted one of the series links and then added it back again. The series link was set to record both first run and repeat episodes. It did not pick up all of the episodes for recording that were available in the guide.

Shows that have been recorded since Friday have dropped off the TODO list, but no new episodes have been added. If I go into the guide, select one of the missing episodes and press the record button once, the series link icon will appear, the episode is added to the TODO list and the TODO list count increases.

I have not tried a RBR yet to see if that will correct the problem. I will try later after tonight's shows are recorded and report back with any results.

mc2739m you're not alone, looks like the CE's broke the to do function. You need to delete your series link and readd it and that should fix it. If not you'll need to do two reboots right in a row to force the box to dump the cached guide data and start from scratch and then redo the SL's again. Just one of the chances you take with the CE's, sh*t happens.

Got a weird one, had lots of problems today and one of then is that I'm missing the "Send Report" option on my HR23, it's there on all the HR20s.

It's just plain gone...

Got a weird one, had lots of problems today and one of then is that I'm missing the "Send Report" option on my HR23, it's there on all the HR20s.

It's just plain gone...

This has happened before in other CE versions and I believe the fix was to go to Network and test connection and run the system test when it comes up. If it fails, check your network settings. If all else fails, try the k/w searches MRVCLIENTOFF/MRVCLINTON/IAMANEDGECUTTER/RESTART.

HR21-700
DK 20090714-1E58

After downloading this CE on Friday night, I noticed that the number of shows in my TODO list was quite a bit lower than normal. I thought that it might be due to reloading the guide data after the software update, although this has never happened with prior CE downloads.

By Saturday afternoon, I still had the same low number of shows in the TODO list. In the prioritizer, the series links did not show the correct number of episodes available. I deleted one of the series links and then added it back again. The series link was set to record both first run and repeat episodes. It did not pick up all of the episodes for recording that were available in the guide.

Shows that have been recorded since Friday have dropped off the TODO list, but no new episodes have been added. If I go into the guide, select one of the missing episodes and press the record button once, the series link icon will appear, the episode is added to the TODO list and the TODO list count increases.

I have not tried a RBR yet to see if that will correct the problem. I will try later after tonight's shows are recorded and report back with any results.

mc2739m you're not alone, looks like the CE's broke the to do function. You need to delete your series link and readd it and that should fix it. If not you'll need to do two reboots right in a row to force the box to dump the cached guide data and start from scratch and then redo the SL's again. Just one of the chances you take with the CE's, sh*t happens.

Today is the first time I've seen the real laggy remote others have experienced; I had been getting away with running system test to eliminate some problems, but I may try the double reboot tomorrow if things are still extremely slow.

My ToDo List is small as others have reported but I don't think I've missed any recordings yet but I'll have to watch to see if the ToDo List is maintaining itself.

HR21-100 with AM21

Send report option is gone for the second week. Tried all of the usual stuff to bring it back. Have a good connection to the internet and can use VOD.

Recordings are being missed and are not showing up in To Do List.

Extremely slow scrolling through the guide.

I have had to go back to the National Release since recordings are being missed with this CE.

Today is the first time I've seen the real laggy remote others have experienced; I had been getting away with running system test to eliminate some problems, but I may try the double reboot tomorrow if things are still extremely slow.

My ToDo List is small as others have reported but I don't think I've missed any recordings yet but I'll have to watch to see if the ToDo List is maintaining itself.

Has anyone had any MRV Server shutdowns with this CE?

I thought I had one this morning when I was unable to view MRV content from L/R Server but I found that HR22 had went to NA-NA Land and had to RBR to to get it back to reality. Had to run system test to get MRV servers going after that.

Not sure what happened to get the L/R HR22 hung-up like that; I had been watching it and put it in standby and found it hung-up the next morning. The disk was spinning like it was doing something but not responding to remote or front panel to power-on for viewing.

Sent Report # 20090714-27B7 from L/R HR22.

Ditto the following morning on the second HR22 in B/R. Seems the RBR helped with the extreme lag on remote response. The TO Do List is still abbreviated to a short list but I don't think I've lost or missed any recordings. I was thinking the abbreviated list was part of some under the hood scheme trying to improve performance on MRV and remote lag but maybe not. Maybe the next CE will fix this or address what the tuning scheme is for clarification?

Sent report # 20090715-2E92 from B/R HR22.

Didnt get a chance to talk about it yesterday, but for the 3rd straight week, my MRV went dead on monday afternoon, 2.5 days after the CE load.

I changed out everything in the network late last week just to be sure. All that remained the same was the receivers and the router giving them DHCP/etc. Switch and wiring are new.

Didnt get a chance to talk about it yesterday, but for the 3rd straight week, my MRV went dead on monday afternoon, 2.5 days after the CE load.

I changed out everything in the network late last week just to be sure. All that remained the same was the receivers and the router giving them DHCP/etc. Switch and wiring are new.

My HR22's freezing Monday and Tuesday (one each night while in STANDBY) may have caused my equipment to miss that inevitable MRV Server shutdown. I had hoped this was fixed in this CE; maybe not. I haven't read any other posts or reports of frozen HR's either.

HR21-100 with AM21

Send report option is gone for the second week. Tried all of the usual stuff to bring it back. Have a good connection to the internet and can use VOD.

Recordings are being missed and are not showing up in To Do List.

Extremely slow scrolling through the guide.

I have had to go back to the National Release since recordings are being missed with this CE.

Rob,
By chance, are your recordings in your "History" folder ?
If so, you may be able to watch them from there, that doesn't fix the problem, but you may have them recorded none the less.

Rob,
By chance, are your recordings in your "History" folder ?
If so, you may be able to watch them from there, that doesn't fix the problem, but you may have them recorded none the less.

I have already gone back to the national release. It was just totally skipping programs that were set to record new episodes. It wouldn't show up in the To-do list. The date in the description would show it as new but it just wouldn't record. The recordings weren't on my hard drive when I went back to the national release either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)