HR2x / R22 CE Release 7/24 & 7/25 v.x033F

Hows remote response on the new CE? I was too tired to stay up for the DL last night but will most likely dl tonight so if Remote response sucks I'd just like to be prepared for the yelling, hehe

Hows remote response on the new CE?
From what I've seen so far good. The exception is if you try to use direct channel number entry right after changing a channel it ignores some of the numbers, like try to enter 356 and you get 36, but if you want a few seconds after changing the channel it works fine.

I predicted that MRV would get the hook and this would be a DLB release. I'm further predicting no more than one more CE before it goes national, since directv already told its customers they'd get DLB in july. I'm also predicting that since its forced out that it wont be ready for prime time and we'll get another middle of the day emergency release a week or two later that fixes a major bug that slid through, probably something around the to-do list problem.

I do believe the NR will have MRV capability as a keyword enable, although if just having the code in there without turning it on creates instabilities perhaps not.

I havent really been working that hard on reporting MRV issues the last two weeks, as it became evident from the release notes that they really werent focused on MRV issues and were trying to get doubleplay working in time for a late july release.

Armchair...no chance they'll release the NR at a lower number than the CE. In fact I've been wondering if some of this to-do list problem might be due to the engineering folks trying to limit how long a CE will work to ~7-14 days by having the box stop recording once its hit a week or two limit. They arent really interested in offering people a CE to run for 3-4 weeks, they want a CE'er to download every week unless theres a major issue.

So lets just cross our fingers that the NR has an MRV keyword in it, or that the NR goes out on a wednesday or thursday and the new MRV enabled CE comes out that friday.

Otherwise we're going to go bonkers running up and down stairs to watch our shows at this household.

That's odd how they renamed the old messages thing and gave it's own menu location Rad. They haven't used the messages feature in a few years now. Maybe they are going to use it now?

Josh

Josh, they have been using it, in fact last week (or was it this week) there was a message sent about the DirecTV referral program. They don't use it very often but they do use it.

From what I've seen so far good. The exception is if you try to use direct channel number entry right after changing a channel it ignores some of the numbers, like try to enter 356 and you get 36, but if you want a few seconds after changing the channel it works fine.

Now Rad which are you using IR or RF?.On my R22-100 I'm noticing a little lag on the RF,no problems on IR.:confused:

No internet connection
R22-100
0x33f

Since the last NR was 312 and the latest CE is at 33f, when will we see a new NR with some of the features that have been reported since 312?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)