HR2x / R22 CE Release 7/24 & 7/25 v.x033F

I just got a TVmail... doesn't look any different from the old messages. Ooooooooooook then.

I got one too, may have had it the other day but didn't notice it .... the old way was it came up or the power button lit a different color ..... don't remember exactly, it's been many many years since they used the system.

No MRV???? WTF!

I can't believe the No MRV stuff wasn't highlighted, flashing, bold, large fonts, ETC.
I so rely on MRV in my home setup and it is gone for a week!
Well, I guess I might spend more time on Hulu and maybe even like it a lot!

It may be gone for more than a week...might be 2-3 weeks before the CE goes NR, then another week after that before we get another CE.

I can't believe the No MRV stuff wasn't highlighted, flashing, bold, large fonts, ETC.
I so rely on MRV in my home setup and it is gone for a week!
Its not a real feature yet...just a beta one that got removed to finalize other things first.

Counting on beta (not publically available) features undermines the purpose of the CE testing.

Its not a real feature yet...just a beta one that got removed to finalize other things first.

Counting on beta (not publically available) features undermines the purpose of the CE testing.

That may be true, but I wouldn't be a D sub without those features, ATT would have me or E. I hacked my D Tivos to get the features I wanted. I use MRV all the time everyday, that is why I have 4 HR2x boxes.

They wont miss the handful of us who opted out of this weeks download.

If everyone has this attitude then I can see DirecTV killing the CE program. The purpose isn't so that you can get a feature and not test. The purpose it to test software releases as they are prepared for national release. You shouldn't be setting up MRV and relying on it. DirecTV could take it away at any moment, or it could break. By not testing this customer candidate what incentive does DirecTV have to keep putting out new releases, if everyone is just using it to get new features and isn't really testing it?

With the removal of MRV one can assume that they are getting close to a NR. Get Dual Live Buffers out there to appease the subs. Then concentrate on MRV and get it right.

If everyone has this attitude then I can see DirecTV killing the CE program. The purpose isn't so that you can get a feature and not test. The purpose it to test software releases as they are prepared for national release. You shouldn't be setting up MRV and relying on it. DirecTV could take it away at any moment, or it could break. By not testing this customer candidate what incentive does DirecTV have to keep putting out new releases, if everyone is just using it to get new features and isn't really testing it?

I agree with the don't get a CE just for a new feature. But MRV has been out in the CE releases for many months, IIRC the HR2X server->H21 client functionalty has been available for about 6 or 7 months now. Some folks have rearranged their configurations, series links and recordings based on having MRV, I'm one of then, and I can't blame them if they want to take a pass. Since the original Santa release came out on the HR20's I've done every CE there has been, unless I wasn't home due to vacations, this is the only one I didn't put on all my STB's, I left 3 HR2X's on 339 and installed the CE one only 1 HR2X.

I look at it the same way as someone saying they will take a pass because the release notes mark a CE release as HIGH RISK, if DirecTV didn't want to give folks the option to not install a CE they wouldn't bother giving out that info.

I agree with the don't get a CE just for a new feature. But MRV has been out in the CE releases for many months, IIRC the HR2X server->H21 client functionalty has been available for about 6 or 7 months now. Some folks have rearranged their configurations, series links and recordings based on having MRV, I'm one of then, and I can't blame them if they want to take a pass. Since the original Santa release came out on the HR20's I've done every CE there has been, unless I wasn't home due to vacations, this is the only one I didn't put on all my STB's, I left 3 HR2X's on 339 and installed the CE one only 1 HR2X.

I look at it the same way as someone saying they will take a pass because the release notes mark a CE release as HIGH RISK, if DirecTV didn't want to give folks the option to not install a CE they wouldn't bother giving out that info.

Well no, it's not the same thing as skipping something that's marked high risk. That's the point of saying things are high risk, so that you won't jump into something that might break your setup. From the beginning it has been made clear that features are beta, don't count on them, etc etc. What if tomorrow a new national release wipes out your CE and DirecTV discontinues the CE program? or they don't re-enable MRV in a CE? You and everyone else who is skipping this CE would be livid. I'm not saying you can't do what you want, but skipping CEs just because they don't have the feature you want is going to hurt the CE program in the long run.

Well no, it's not the same thing as skipping something that's marked high risk. That's the point of saying things are high risk, so that you won't jump into something that might break your setup. From the beginning it has been made clear that features are beta, don't count on them, etc etc. What if tomorrow a new national release wipes out your CE and DirecTV discontinues the CE program? or they don't re-enable MRV in a CE? You and everyone else who is skipping this CE would be livid. I'm not saying you can't do what you want, but skipping CEs just because they don't have the feature you want is going to hurt the CE program in the long run.

Hold it, the purpose of the CE program is to test software, marked high risk or not, doesn't matter if it might break your setup, at least that's what you're telling folks that don't want to loose MRV. But then you say it's OK to not do a CE marked high risk since it might break your setup. So pulling MRV would break my setup so I didn't install this CE on all my HR2X's.

If D* does force a national release on the boxes that removes MRV then so be it, that I can understand and don't have a problem with, I'll have to work around it. But at this point I do have an option, like not installing a high risk release, and chose not to.

I tested MRV in the manner I would use it if it were a released feature. Dividing up my series links and recording shows to just one box while being able to watch it on the other. Cut my series links in half and made the 50 SL limit livable, and cut back on the amount of disk space needed.

While I know it happens, I didnt anticipate directv shutting off a major feature that a lot of people were testing and utilizing so as to calm a release they needed to shove out the door because someone in marketing talked about DLB in a magazine.

I could certainly undo what I've done and put all our series links back on both boxes, then remove a bunch of them to stay under the 50 limit and delete 1/3 of our recorded shows to make room for it, but I dont want to. I'll stick with last weeks CE and preserve my setup for the time being.

Is that harmful to the CE program? I highly doubt it. In fact I'd argue the opposite. I tested MRV full bore gung ho and sent in a lot of reports on mrv issues and general box stability problems over the term of the last cycle. If I was worried about having the rug pulled out from under a feature and only dipped my toes in the water and didnt find a bug, that'd be harmful to the testing process although probably more inert than harmful.

About the only way I can see to "harm" the process is if I downloaded a CE and then called directv customer service when I had a problem, or if I discovered a major bug that nobody else found and didnt report it.

No internet connection
R22-100
0x33f

Looks like so far Previous Program Information has been resolved.Good Job!

No Audio Signal Meters Test.

Caller ID still displaying Unavailable for Name & Number.

Would like to be able to change bar color from gray to black.R22s cannot access bar color in HD display.

Have had my R22 come out of standby twice by itself.

Having minor hangups when advancing time in guide in RF.Don't notice it much in IR.

2 seconds to change channels still an issue.

continuing search for issues.......

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems when they wake up in the morning and their HR-22 is powered on? I've been blaming my girlfriend for not turning it off, but I was the last one to watch TV last night and it was on this morning. It's happened about 4 times already.

Might have rebooted or you might have had a power glitch.

All "turning it off" does is shut off the blue lights and the video output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)