HR2x / R22 CE Release for 10/17 0x0290

But if you add the Cisco Wireless Bridge Linksys WGA600N the box will allow you to configure it directly via the menus vs. having to connect it to a PC first and run the configu program there.

I forgot to download the CE. I'm using a WRT54G as a wireless bridge for the HR20 and sad/obsolete HD-DVD player. Since the WR54G serves multiple devices, I'm not really out to dump it.

ISSUES FOUND:
1) Caller ID does not work at all. I did a system test and the phone said "OK". Notifications are on
2) Network Services does not work. I set up port forwarding and everything on my router. i tried different ports and tried automatic and manual too. Still nothing.
On the test screen under the STB service Port is Says " Status: 5000".
3) OnDemand channel 1080 says it's unavailable. The other channels work fine.

AM 21 did not like this update. First had to reboot twice, then the guide changed our local NBC station from 7-1 to 7-2 for digital signal.....the only problem is that the station is still broadcasting on 7-1 so no HD signal. As others have pointed out, ....it would be nice to have a scan feature on the AM21 for situations like this.

"Trick Play" issues back for me on this CE. Slip ahead sometimes sends you to the end of your recording. UI more sluggish than previous CE's as well. HR-21-100 with AM-21.

"Trick Play" issues back for me on this CE. Slip ahead sometimes sends you to the end of your recording. UI more sluggish than previous CE's as well. HR-21-100 with AM-21.

i'm having these same issues. don't know why we're going backwards.

HR21-100

Slip ahead sometimes sends you to the end of your recording.

I have a HR21-100 with AM21 OTA module - I've had this issue on the last few releases along with it being REALLY sluggish when tuned to a OTA station or when recording...especially if I'm recording 2 things at once... 5-10 second GUI delays most of the time when that is happening. It's like an old 386 computer trying to run Vista :D

ONLY when I'm not doing any of the above (tuning to an OTA/recording one or two shows), the GUI seems to be faster than any of the previous releases.

I had a few recording issues today/tonight with this CE.

1) It missed a recording. When I looked in the history it said it was cancelled even though nobody had access to the receiver to do that.

2) Another recording it did do had no audio track.

3) Yet another had just a grey screen.

i had a problem with this latest ce the box froze for a longtime i am not home but am using a sling box and i was trying to control it but i could not called and had a reset hit sent did not tell i had ce so i dont think i did anything wrong the hit did not work time on the screen still reflected 5:41 pm at 11:30 pm last night and all my recordings around that time did not record they all had a code of (2003/0/) i think
2081021-1da8

hr22-100

Can anyone help

I also recieved the new software update on 10-21-2008. The picture is horrible. Why???? I have a Samsung 1080p and a HR20 DVR. Any ideas why this might be. I know one thing is for sure I didn't spend the kind of money on the TV that I did and on the MLB and NFL packages to watch this crap. Anyone with suggestions I would be interested in hearing.

ISSUES FOUND:
1) Caller ID does not work at all. I did a system test and the phone said "OK". Notifications are on
2) Network Services does not work. I set up port forwarding and everything on my router. i tried different ports and tried automatic and manual too. Still nothing.
On the test screen under the STB service Port is Says " Status: 5000".
3) OnDemand channel 1080 says it's unavailable. The other channels work fine.
I find the Caller ID function with the NR of 10/21/08 of the 0290 firmware on my HR21-100 and HR22-100 DVR's no longer functions.
Am, I doing something wrong? I didn't change a thing accept the firmware.
I have tried all the options and resets but no go, it clearly no longer works? Not a show stopper but frustrating!

Last edited:
Caller ID works on my HR21-100 with this release.

I had it jump to the end of a recording a few times now when I've pressed the 30 skip button.

Well, this was released nationally Wednesday night.

There is a new CE planned for Friday night.

No word yet if it will be a totally new cycle, or continued tweaking of 0x0290.

I also recieved the new software update on 10-21-2008. The picture is horrible. Why???? I have a Samsung 1080p and a HR20 DVR. Any ideas why this might be. I know one thing is for sure I didn't spend the kind of money on the TV that I did and on the MLB and NFL packages to watch this crap. Anyone with suggestions I would be interested in hearing.

Check your resolution settings, MENU->Setup->System Setup->HDTV->TV Resolutions (top tab).

You should use 720 or 1080i.

1080p only works on PPV movies, and they haven't started that service yet.

Hope that's a start, let us know if it is not the problem.

I have an HR21-100.

I went to bed last night with a recorded SNL Thursday update paused.

This morning (approximately 7 hours later), when I turned on the TV, it was tuned to HDNet Movies which is what is was probably tuned to before i started watching SNL. There was a large black bar across the middle of the screen.

I changed the channel, problem continued.

Opened a menu, black bar disappeared.

Only menus would come up, pause, rewind, etc would not cause the seek bar to appear on the screen.

Paused Indecent Proposal while I was doing some housework cause had been forever since I'd seen it.

Unpaused after ~15 minutes, screensaver was on.

Seek bar appeared.

Restarted via menus just to make sure all was cool.

Check your resolution settings, MENU->Setup->System Setup->HDTV->TV Resolutions (top tab).

You should use 720 or 1080i.

1080p only works on PPV movies, and they haven't started that service yet.

Hope that's a start, let us know if it is not the problem.
Jason,
I for one really appreciate what you do here. Your answers are always clear and concise.
I sense an on going confusion about 1080p. Am I correct in saying people are not going to find 1080p being broadcast from any of the satellites and the highest resolution you are going to find being broadcast is 1080i; however the 1080p function that everyone is talking about is strictly for PPV downloaded (when available) movies to your DVR which can then be displayed at 1080p resolution when played back. I think some people may be of the opinion that they are going to receive 1080p broadcasts directly off the satellite and this may be confusing many? (Including me)
Keep up the great job and thanks again for your assistance and pursuit of excellence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts