Friday, November 27, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk

New features

• None for this release

Improved/Updated

• Under the hood

Notes

• No keyword required for Multi-Room-Video activation. Keyword "LOSEMRV" will disable and "BRINGMRVBACK" will re-enable, but only until reboot.
  • This CE will remove your guide cache if you did not download last week's CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
  • You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
  • Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

Version History

New features

• CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
  • CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
  • CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
  • CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema
  • CE:21:11 (0x0374) - Enriched Guide Data:

• [*]Similar Shows
      [*]Cast & Crew
      [*]GUIDE Artwork
      [*]Actor Filmography
      [*]Actor Awards
      [*]Star ratings for movies
  • CE:21:12 (0x0379) - Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated

• CE:21:01 (0x034D) Very High Risk
    • Playlist touch ups
    • Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
    • "Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
      • In the TO DO LIST for upcoming recordings:
        • Rec. Once is now Episode Options
        • Rec. Series is now Series Options
      • In the TO DO LIST for programs currently recording:
        • Rec. Once... is now Recording...
        • Rec. Series... is now Series Options
      • In the GUIDE for non-series-link programs:
        • Rec. Once is now Record Once
        • Rec. Series is now Record Series
    • Under the hood
  • CE:21:02 (0x0350) Very High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) Very High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:04 (0x0356) Very High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:05 (0x035B) Very High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:06 (0x035F) HIGH RISK

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:07 (0x0364) Customer Candidate

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:08 (0x0368) Customer Candidate

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:09 (0x036A) Moderate Risk

• [*]Media Share Improvements
      [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:10 (0x036F) Moderate Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:11 (0x0374) High Risk

• [*]Quasi under the hood
      [*]Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder
  • CE:21:12 (0x0379) Very High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:21:13 (0x037E) High Risk

• [*]Under the hood
      [*]Must reenter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword to get Misc Options

Downloading.
Got 380 here on my HR21-100's. Is this the new or an old firmware?
Got a message saying "formatting storage device" during bootup.
Now all recorded programs are gone.

not sure why it formatted for you ??? didnt do that for me, and yea 380 is new. I dont really see a whole lot of change. The only thing that has happened i think is a coincidence, I have my hddvr mirrored to a SD tv and i think my rf mod is dieing, im getting a sort of 'static line' on the top of the viewing area when the box is set to letterbox format.

It looks like a couple of others on the other site had their drives wiped because of this CE. They were using external drives though.

I have an esata drive on my HR20 nothing nothing was wiped though. I wouldn't be surprised if D* pulls tonights CE.

I downloaded on two boxes and didn't have the drive formatted.

I feel sorry for those that did. In 2 years I've only had a drive formateed once during a CE download, and nobody else did, so I attributed it to some corruption on the drive.

I would be cautious of downloading Saturday night given those reports.

i dont understand what would be different from friday to saturday... or why it would wipe some users drives but not others....

It'll format if it cant read a valid file system on the drive, but sees the drive operating without error. It presumes its a new blank disk, or that the old disk was so badly corrupted that it couldnt be recovered.

I suspect that in these cases that any reboot would have wiped the drive as there was some physical problem with the disk or a bad corruption. It just happened that the CE was the cause of the reboot. Not necessarily the cause of the format.

Correlation vs causation.

Back in the old tivo days, the tivo used two partitions on the drive for the system software. When new SW came out, it'd keep the running version and install the new one to the other partition, then on the new SW install it'd flip back. That way if something bad happened during the application of the new SW, it could just flip back to the old partition and reboot on the old SW and try again.

Sometimes however, it'd been a year or more between SW updates and the alternate partition had developed some bad sectors, but not enough to detect an error during the installation process. It'd apply, boot and run but stutter and spit out errors.

Thing is, people would blame these problems on the new SW when the new software was simply a correlation to the failure, not the cause.

Its also worth noting that as I've mentioned a number of times, some of these folks might just have been using a disk drive that wont keep up with the current CE's workload, or an enclosure with 'issues'. While directv only uses and recommends DVR/AV type drives that use special firmware to handle multiple read and write streams, many if not most people go cheap and buy non AV computer type hard drives. Those appear to have worked okay for most people but may explain why some folks have more problems than others with the newer CE's that are employing MRV, Directv2pc, the new search database, etc, etc, etc.

I downloaded and installed the 0380 version on both of my HR23-700 boxes yesterday without incident. Both are woking great.

Anyone having issues with stopples? I have a ton of stuff I'm catching up on and everything I watched tonight had lots of brief periods when the picture froze and the audio continued.

Anyone having issues with stopples? I have a ton of stuff I'm catching up on and everything I watched tonight had lots of brief periods when the picture froze and the audio continued.

Thats been happening for me and several friends for several months now.
Not all shows and just a brief pause, a sec or two, but it has been happening here.
I've had the recvr replaced and did not help.

I use an EHD, while my other friends use just the hd in the box , all three are effected.

This started happening to me tonight. Watching a 720p program from an HR21 to an HR23. Happens about ever 5 minutes for about a second, but not a huge deal to me yet.

Same here; every 2 to 5 minutes with MRV from HR22 to HR22. I started to reply but I wasn't sure if you were referring to MRV or the problem some HR20s display on local HDD playback.

The MRV problem appears to be a interruption of packet flow rather than the hiccups of past MRV CEs. I've been seeing it more with the 720p for weeks now but just started with the 1080i content which was heavy on the splats 'til this CE. It doesn't bother me as much as the splats but neither of these should be happening. I can stream HD off the INTERNET better than locally with MRV.

I think thats because the internet server you're streaming from is an array of big box servers with real cpu's in them. The HR2x has a processor roughly equivalent to a decent 15 year old PC. Certainly it has a lot of video decoding capabilities in hardware, but when its time to service a lot of requests, its a little weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts