HR2X & R22 CE Release v.374 for the weekend of 11.6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think they support mdix auto so you can use a straight cable. At least on the boxes with 2 ethernet ports.

This release has introduced some type of connection issue between HR21-100 and H23-600 receivers, at least for me. MRV seems to work pretty good with fewer glitches, but I have to unplug and reboot receivers a couple of times a day because of the “Unable to access to media..” error.

Yes, the directv receivers network ports will all auto detect whether you're using a straight or crossover cable, and work fine with either.

The units will look for a dhcp server for their IP address, gateway, dns, etc. When they dont get that, which takes a while for it to timeout, they'll use LLMNR to identify each other, self assign a 169.x.x.x address and start talking peer to peer.

This method proved pretty reliable for me, although I went ahead and put some fixed IP addresses into the boxes through network/advanced setup so they wouldnt take all day to timeout and start talking. I had much better mrv performance, very few glitches, and overall box performance was very good. Of course, no directv2pc, no vod, no internet connectivity, etc.

will there be another opportunity to DL? I just noticed this as I've been pretty busy lately.....

Also, when and where do you enter the codewords? and finally... can the receivers see other media servers yet?

HR21-100 with AM21

Remote commands have sped up to 6-10 seconds at the longest delays.

The operation of the AM21 OTA module sucks though. OTA stations breakup and lockup now. Changing channels temporarily fixes it for a few minutes.

Last couple CE's broke MediaShare for videos using TVersity and Playon.

I think 374 fixed them, after I did a bunch of troubleshooting. I have a thread running over on the "other" site to address the fix. Seems like it's inherent to the Mediashare client in the STB vs. the servers.

See this link DBSTalk.Com (shows as DBStalk.com, but takes you to the post).

EKG

Last edited:
2 HR22-100 DVRs

My HR22-100s hate each other with this CE. Like most, I've found that once a DVR goes into CLIENT mode, it will no longer work as a SERVER. I can get MRV to work one direction only and attempts to get it the other way will break MRV altogether.

What I have seen of MRV seems a bit better on the 1080i streams. Even the older recordings are better on MRV playback. Still room for improvement unless these are LOCAL HDD based errors. I've actually noticed more artifacts on my LOCAL DVR from the LA Locals (non-OTA). What's up with that?

So I re-run network setup and menu restart the DVR I want to use as a SERVER and leave everything else alone.

No report because problems are common and already reported.

Last edited:
Getting audio drops on HR20-700 when playing back recorded programs. Also MRV wont work on my H23 which I also put the latest CE. When playing a recorded show on HR20-100 to my HR20-700, lots of pixelation. Isnt my network as MRV was perfect right before the CE update. Also programs will not play using Directv2pc. This release took my perfect setup and mucked it all up.

Getting audio drops on HR20-700 when playing back recorded programs. Also MRV wont work on my H23 which I also put the latest CE. When playing a recorded show on HR20-100 to my HR20-700, lots of pixelation. Isnt my network as MRV was perfect right before the CE update. Also programs will not play using Directv2pc. This release took my perfect setup and mucked it all up.

Yea, DirecTV mucked up MRV good with this CE release. It appears that it will work after a red button (not menu) reset. Then after the reboot on the server don't do any DoD downloads or use it as a client from another server, basically don't do anything via the network and it will be OK.

MRV worked okay for me since friday, but today I'm getting the 'media unavailable' bit. Rebooted twice and unplugged some network stuff and rebooted it, no dice. Dead in the water.

Tomorrow I'll try the old "unplug everything and start plugging from the cable modem on back to the receivers" trick. If that doesnt work, I'll try running the cable directly between the boxes again.

Rebooted twice and unplugged some network stuff and rebooted it, no dice. Dead in the water.

I know it's against the normal rules but use the red button to reboot it, not the menu, it appears to make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)