HR2X & R22 CE Release v.374 for the weekend of 11.6

Tried that.

No go on both of my HR21-100s.

They display the lists from both boxes fine but give that error when trying to play anything.

I know it's against the normal rules but use the red button to reboot it, not the menu, it appears to make a difference.

Rules wise, the only issue with an RBR is any uncached data may not be committed to the drive before its reset, so you might lose a show or have a corrupt file system.

I tried pulling the plugs on both receivers, which should be better than an rbr.

Anywho, directv acknowledges this as a known issue. From what I hear, if a receiver is used as a client for mrv, after that it cannot be used as a server. Along with a bunch of other issues. Looks like they stuck some major new protocols in, and looks like we'll all be looking forward to Friday a bit more than usual...

Rules wise, the only issue with an RBR is any uncached data may not be committed to the drive before its reset, so you might lose a show or have a corrupt file system.

I tried pulling the plugs on both receivers, which should be better than an rbr.

Anywho, directv acknowledges this as a known issue. From what I hear, if a receiver is used as a client for mrv, after that it cannot be used as a server. Along with a bunch of other issues. Looks like they stuck some major new protocols in, and looks like we'll all be looking forward to Friday a bit more than usual...

Yeah, I see that here; basically MRV works one-way until the Server is tried as a CLIENT to remotely view. To get it back, I have to re-run Network setup and restart the one I want to use as a Server again.

I only have two DVRs in my setup so I can't test otherwise, but MRV appears to be locked in a single CLIENT to SERVER relationship. Breaking that temporary matrimony rule will break a MRV setup that appears to be working again. Until next CE, it's best to pick the setup that works best and don't mess with it. Trying to reverse the flow of MRV streaming will break it again, requiring the SERVER to be restarted (after network setup). I'm thinking a third CLIENT or DVR will muck-it-up again, is that what you "GUYS" with more than two boxes are seeing? I don't know if two pairs of boxes working in a one-way MRV stream would work on the same network either (?).

I'm going to try testing with one-way MRV. Just rebooting and we'll see if it works one way as long as we dont try to use one box as a server at all.

Directv2pc also seems to stop working.

Nope, not working. I get the full playlist on one box, other box will only show local shows in the playlist. Rebooted the boxes, the network gear, reset network settings to default and redid them, turned mrv on and off, bupkis.

I'll wait 10 minutes to see if it decides to get going.

Then I'll direct wire them to each other with a single cable, see if the simplest setup gives me any difference.

Strange, when one of my HR2X's stops playing nice for MRV I just give it, the one I can't play content from, the red button reset and it's back on the other STB's.

Maybe its model number specific. I have a pair of HR20-100's, and it doesnt look like you have any of those.

The 20's get different builds and if I remember right, use an older linux kernel than the 21-23's.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my HR22s only working one-way with MRV.

Another thing about getting MRV back, I had to at a minimum get the UPL with playlist options under LIST/yellow button before running network setup & restarting the SERVER.

Maybe its model number specific. I have a pair of HR20-100's, and it doesnt look like you have any of those.

The 20's get different builds and if I remember right, use an older linux kernel than the 21-23's.

Nope, don't have that one, got HR20-700, HR21-100, HR22-100 and HR23-700.

Yep, tried all sorts of setups but cant get past this one. One way MRV only until friday.

Another really obvious bug that makes me wonder if its not a repeat of the CE from a couple of months ago that made 75% of the receivers reboot once an hour. Maybe a way to shake out the people who download the CE but arent interested in the testing.

Or maybe they got mad at all my comments about the risk level being meaningless ;)

They wont be until either a new national release comes out or you force a CE download on friday or saturday nights.

I have a weird problem. On my bedroom box I can see my CSI NY recordings. On my family room box where they were recorded they are not there. Plus my CSI miami recordings are not showing on any box and I know thye were recorded and not deleted on my family room box. I am thinking box reboots to solve this problem. What do people think?

I have a weird problem. On my bedroom box I can see my CSI NY recordings. On my family room box where they were recorded they are not there. Plus my CSI miami recordings are not showing on any box and I know thye were recorded and not deleted on my family room box. I am thinking box reboots to solve this problem. What do people think?

Restarts have worked in the past for that. But you might try looking in the History folder of LOCAL DVR for your recordings. They can be played from there if not deleted. If possible, save the restart for forcing CE d/l.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts