HR2x / R22 CE Release v0x31F 6/5 & 6/6

All seems well so far on the HR20-100. I like the combined playlists myself, although an option to do that or not might not be a bad idea. Channel changing seems a little faster and the guide does too.

Hmmm, don't know if I like the combined playlist, much preferred the separate list,

Seconded. It ought to be an option for the user whether he wants the list combined or separate.

Also, if you're going to combine the lists, then you should either combine the free space meters or show the meter for the receiver that contains the currently selected show.

This a very nice update. I like the play list filter and mark to delete. I also like you can delete remote shows on the other DVR. Very nice.

The combined Playlist just makes more sense to me. Having to choose which DVR after hitting "List" was always just an extra step. When I hit "List" that means I want to watch something I have recorded, I don't care where I have it recorded.
As said before you can filter Playlist by DVR and it sticks (doesn't change on power offs). Very well thought out. :up

MRV not working

MRV is not working on mine, I noticed on the network service tab last week when MRV Broke that was one thing that changed they had numbers in the Port fields

this week on one machine it still has the 27163 in the STB Services Port field, the other machine says "Any"

I wonder if this is what broke MRV last week and why one machine still has the numbers in it and the other does not.

I will try redownloading the CE tonight to see if that gets cleared.

I've been trying to get the OTA SD subchannels of WQED in Pittsburgh for the past couple of months, and had hoped that the "missing OTA channels" fix would cure my problem, so I downloaded this CE software. The good news, for my basic features (I haven't tried MRV, etc.) this software seems fine. The bad news: I'm still missing these channels.

The problem is described in much more detail here:

Discussion Forum

Regardless, I really appreciate this service.

-- Allen

I've been trying to get the OTA SD subchannels of WQED in Pittsburgh for the past couple of months, and had hoped that the "missing OTA channels" fix would cure my problem, so I downloaded this CE software. The good news, for my basic features (I haven't tried MRV, etc.) this software seems fine. The bad news: I'm still missing these channels.

The problem is described in much more detail here:

Discussion Forum

Regardless, I really appreciate this service.

-- Allen

A CE 99% of the time won't fix an OTA problem. Downloaders are supposed to be reviewing and reporting any bugs to the developers.

What receiver are you using? Are you using the OTA module? Are you getting good OTA signal? Is WQED broadcasting with correct PSIP data and is supplying correct data to Tribune for channel mapping and guide data? Any of those would need to be verified. This issue should probably be discussed in the regular Directv forums.

MRV is not working on mine, I noticed on the network service tab last week when MRV Broke that was one thing that changed they had numbers in the Port fields

this week on one machine it still has the 27163 in the STB Services Port field, the other machine says "Any"

I wonder if this is what broke MRV last week and why one machine still has the numbers in it and the other does not.

I will try redownloading the CE tonight to see if that gets cleared.

Redownloading will not clear that port setting. I'm not sure what those are supposed to be set at since i hard mapped those ports to open ones I have setup through my router.

Please be sure to say which HR2X-XXX you are using in your feedback. All of the numbers do matter.

I will be probably downloading this CE tonight. I'm still on the one from 2 weeks ago. Anyone with an HR21-100 care to share their experience with this one so far?

A CE 99% of the time won't fix an OTA problem. Downloaders are supposed to be reviewing and reporting any bugs to the developers.

What receiver are you using? Are you using the OTA module? Are you getting good OTA signal? Is WQED broadcasting with correct PSIP data and is supplying correct data to Tribune for channel mapping and guide data? Any of those would need to be verified. This issue should probably be discussed in the regular Directv forums.

But it was supposed to fix "missing OTA channels." Was I unreasonable to try it, after I'd already pursued most of what you suggested?

To answer your questions:
Receiver: Both HR20, and HR21 w/ AM21
OTA module: on the HR21, not neede don HR20
Good signal: Yes 13-1 is clear, only 13-2, 13-3 are missing.
Correct PSIP data: Can't tell, but my Pinnacle, Pioneer, and Panasonic receivers have no problems with it. Can you recommend tools?
Tribune: According to WQED, Tribune has the correct info.

I agree that we can take this to another forum now that it's not addressed by this CE release. Either WQED-SD ch. 13 - Pittsburgh, PA - DBSTalk.Com or Discussion Forum would be fine. I'd rather not start yet another thread on this topic.

But it was supposed to fix "missing OTA channels." Was I unreasonable to try it, after I'd already pursued most of what you suggested?

To answer your questions:
Receiver: Both HR20, and HR21 w/ AM21
OTA module: on the HR21, not neede don HR20
Good signal: Yes 13-1 is clear, only 13-2, 13-3 are missing.
Correct PSIP data: Can't tell, but my Pinnacle, Pioneer, and Panasonic receivers have no problems with it. Can you recommend tools?
Tribune: According to WQED, Tribune has the correct info.

I agree that we can take this to another forum now that it's not addressed by this CE release. Either WQED-SD ch. 13 - Pittsburgh, PA - DBSTalk.Com or Discussion Forum would be fine. I'd rather not start yet another thread on this topic.

Those threads are on other boards I cannot post to. Did you rescan like the person suggested in one of those threads? I know on my HR21-100, I had to go to System Setup, Sat & Ant, Antenna Setup, Reset Off-Air Settings. Then after the guide data refreshes, you can go back in and re-add your zip code again to catch the latest OTA config for your zip code.

If that doesn't work, it's probably a mapping issue at Directv or a PSIP problem with the station. I would contact the station first and pressure them to either fix their PSIP problem (fake mappings, etc.) or have them contact Directv to have them map it correctly.

Well a follow-up to the DT2PC problem from the last 2 CE's. I found a way around it. After experimenting with disabling different sound features on my computer I solved the issue and can now play regular and HD shows using it. My sound card is an x-fi titanium pro & apparently whatever they changed in the last 2 CE's was upset over a feature that didn't bother it before. Prior to the last 2 CE's under my sound settings sp-dif out for the x-fi was enabled, even though I didn't use it, and it didn't cause a problem. Anyway after I disabled that VIOLA all shows now play. Don't know if this info will help anyone else but figured I'd at least post what I found.

I have R22-100 and HR23-700 I try to use MRV on on both and get Error Message "Cannot Play DTCP Content. AKE Fail What does this mean?

MRV worked for me earlier this evening, but now I get either the DTCP content AKE fail message, or I get "Playback failed. Client access card is invalid or absent."

I've sent a report: 20090606-38cf

The other receiver: 20090606-1c4e

Last edited:
Cannot Play DTCP content

I have 2 HR20-700's. I updated to the latest CE last night. I cannot view in MRV. It works once or twice, but then I get the error message belwo. My playlist is combined and I can see everything on the other dvr, but I get the "Cannot Play DTCP content. AKE fail." Anyone have any ideas?

Sent error report #20090607-2207

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts