HR2x / R22 CE Release v0x31F 6/5 & 6/6

I just went back to the NR. My Beta testing days are over in 4 weeks anyway. I just posted it to help the developers fix it.

This is what Testing is all about ....
At least you always have the ability to go back the the NR at any time.
If every software update was great, it wouldn't be testing or Beta ;)

This is what Testing is all about ....
At least you always have the ability to go back the the NR at any time.
If every software update was great, it wouldn't be testing or Beta ;)

That is what gets me sometimes. People download a CE and get all bent out of shape when something is not working. That is the purpose of a CE. To identify problems and fix them. You are suppose to post issues in here and communicate, in a constructive manner, the issue you are experiencing. There have been times I have had to go back to a NR, due to an issue that caused too much trouble, but I always let them know what issue I was having so they could fix it. Too many people get involved just so they can get new features and when they don't work right they say to hell with it. I say, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Well I agree we need to help find and figure out bugs and problems are to be expected, its just the nature of the CE beast. That said tho there have been a few times where DTV has released a CE that I swear they didn't even do a minor in house test of first and broke a ton of stuff in one fell swoop. Thats when ppl really get upset. Seems it happens most often when there has just been a 3 or 4 day weekend, almost as if because of the week being a day short they just skip an in house test.:)

Sounds like someone is trying to justify the unwarranted bitching.
I learned my lesson when I was without MRV for a week.
Lesson learned: Update on Saturday night. If the CE is still pushing on Sat, chances are it isn't total crap.
We all have to put in the number sequence to get the CE so live with your decision to do so. Don't let this be another case of not taking responsibility for ones actions.
You want a nice stable software release don't DL the CE.

I can understand both sides here.

On one hand, beta testing is inherently going to uncover bugs.

On the other, some of these bugs have been so egregious, you wonder about the alpha testing (kidding)

Neither side is really wrong here - let's just keep testing and make it better!

I can understand both sides here.

On one hand, beta testing is inherently going to uncover bugs.

On the other, some of these bugs have been so egregious, you wonder about the alpha testing (kidding)

Neither side is really wrong here - let's just keep testing and make it better!

Exactly.

And to dslate69:
What I was talking about was for example approx 2 weeks ago when they broke MVR Media Sharing AND DTV2PC in one blip, and they knew it was a bad CE because they yanked it for Saturday that week, LOL

I don't think they knew it was bad.. They found out it was bad after they released it on Friday and got feedback from users that there was a problem. That is when they pulled it, so more people wouldn't have the problem. If it didn't matter to them, they would have released it Saturday too. That is just proof that the CE program works and that D* listens.

I don't think they knew it was bad.. They found out it was bad after they released it on Friday and got feedback from users that there was a problem. That is when they pulled it, so more people wouldn't have the problem. If it didn't matter to them, they would have released it Saturday too. That is just proof that the CE program works and that D* listens.

That is so easy to understand. :up
But alas some that take part in the CE program that find a bug will still bitch and then justify their bitching in threads like this one.

That is what gets me sometimes. People download a CE and get all bent out of shape when something is not working. That is the purpose of a CE. To identify problems and fix them. You are suppose to post issues in here and communicate, in a constructive manner, the issue you are experiencing. There have been times I have had to go back to a NR, due to an issue that caused too much trouble, but I always let them know what issue I was having so they could fix it. Too many people get involved just so they can get new features and when they don't work right they say to hell with it. I say, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
What are you rambling about? I reported a problem to help the programmers. I hadnt seen that particular problem reported so I did. That is what the CE program is about. I am far from bent out of shape and have been part of the CE since day ONE long before it was available on this site.. :rolleyes:

BTW other than that bug this CE was pretty good IMO. You know that is the problem with this site and the CE. You report something and 5 homers attack you saying you are bitching.

What are you rambling about? I reported a problem to help the programmers. I hadnt seen that particular problem reported so I did. That is what the CE program is about. I am far from bent out of shape and have been part of the CE since day ONE long before it was available on this site.. :rolleyes:

BTW other than that bug this CE was pretty good IMO. You know that is the problem with this site and the CE. You report something and 5 homers attack you saying you are bitching.

I am sorry, but wasn't talking about you. I was reading other posts at the other site and yours just happened to be closest to mine. I guess I should have been more specific.

Okay now, PLAY NICE! hehe. CE's can sometimes try anyones nerves. :D

I've actually been very pleased with this weeks CE so far. And once I figured out the change they had made a few weeks ago and that I simply needing to disble SPDIF out on my X-Fi to get rid of the Protected Audio mssg with DTV2PC, which is now working fine, I've been happy as a clam.

In general the quality of CE' has been pretty good over the last year or so, and I think that has a lot of people a bit spoiled.

That having been said, there have been a couple of releases in the last month that just flat out didnt work and werent stable for many people with symptoms that showed up in a few hours, or major features that just didnt work at all for anyone.

Had me starting to wonder if they threw a few ducks at us to shake off all the non serious testers or people who just wanted to get MRV and didnt care about the testing portion or who had NR-level stablity expectations of the CE.

I definitely started waiting for saturday nights before giving the last few a whirl. This past week I got brave and went on friday night because I figured they'd make sure it was a good release, and also because I was concerned that the new NR would run over my old CE... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts