Hr34 availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RGJ4vols

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I called to get an hr35 and the rep said they are not available for my area yet. Any way to know when they will be available for Chattanooga area?

The HR34-700 is available nationwide now but you might have to play customer service roulette

The HR34 is for new subs only right now. Current subs not available until mid February through Directv

You can buy it at solidsignal

elwaylite said:
Your tech's also have to be trained in that area before they can install them because of the RVU stuff.

The training consist of a hour video and a 20 question test. It's pretty simple. If techs are not trained then their local market is in serious trouble lol

i installed a cupple already

on saterday i installed 2 more of them, what weird is i get the jobs in my handheld but when i tell someone about it to call directv they tell them there not available, but i know they are cuz i installed them, they wont let me have them on my truck tho like all the other receivers so when i get an order for it i have to go to the shop to pick up just what i need for that day. i want one for my hsp account,

elwaylite said:
Thats what my installer said. I'm just stating that if they have not watched it, they arent considered able to install it.

Yeah, it's true. Kinda dumb but stupid still. It installs the same way any other receiver does

hoggyz3357 said:
on saterday i installed 2 more of them, what weird is i get the jobs in my handheld but when i tell someone about it to call directv they tell them there not available, but i know they are cuz i installed them, they wont let me have them on my truck tho like all the other receivers so when i get an order for it i have to go to the shop to pick up just what i need for that day. i want one for my hsp account,

Our supervisors carry them for us. If we have one on our handheld we call them and they bring one to us. I think it's a Directv thing to not allow techs to carry them yet. You can actually install one on an upgrade too. Only thing is if you do they sub gets a $399 charge on their account. Some how they haven't been to remove this option yet like they was able to on non-SWM jobs with 25's

elwaylite said:
He said the video did not really help them much.

It don't, it's just like any other video. Same old guy talking about the features that are "yet to come". It's a waste of our time to watch it considering the lack on RVU tvs out there

it has 5 tuners, i think the video is the same, matter of fact i think everything else is the same as the hr 24

hoggyz3357 said:
it has 5 tuners, i think the video is the same, matter of fact i think everything else is the same as the hr 24

It is, the only thing is it supports RVU and like you said it has 5 tuners. Shouldn't need a Cert just to install it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts