Saturday, January 14, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood
Known issues
RVU clients may not work as expected - You can revert back to the blue UI if necessary

Notes
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You will lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

Previous Release Notes:
New features
Under the hood

Improved/Updated

{CE:03:01} 0x539
HD User Interface

Hey Guys, I just got my HE34 yesterday. I just restarted the system. What is the code I need to enter to make sure I get the CE??

Went thru my list of HMC HR34 Issues and the following still remain . . . .

Issue: Several Pinks Screens - Solid Pink after DL & before checking Receiver

Issue: FF Time/Progress Bar - Time/Progress Bar arrow does not progress going forward or backwards.

Issue: More Info Button - Info does not default to highlighting the Channel Banner More info Button

Issue: Dish Alignment Test - Run System Test Get 2. Dish Alignment Test not run. The dish alignment test was not performed. Diagnostic Code 74

Issue: 30Slip - Can't get beyond one Slip at a time. And that first one even goes backwards.

Issue: PlayList Date Column - PlayList Date Column is too narrow to get Full Date.

Issue: Channel 1999 - There is two of them in the CIG Guide.

Issue: Recording Tips - Recording Tips are showing up while its setting is in the OFF Position.

Issue: Deleting Recording - Deleting Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead it randomly kicks you out of the SDGUI completely. (A carry-over from the SDGUI)

Issue: Lockup after Recording Deletion - Both Remote & Panel had no response after letting Recording run to its end and use the Popup Deletion Box. Box disappeared and everything froze

Issue: TVapps - The only response from the TV App Store is . . .Sorry, we are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later. My HR34-700 is also listed as Deleted at the DirecTV My App website.

Issue: Search 30 Characters Limit - Existing 30+ Character Boolean Searches still work erratically. Can't fix or create new ones because of the limit.​

This version does seem more stable than the CE version last week that caused me to go back to the NR

Went thru my list of HMC HR34 Issues and the following still remain . . . .

Issue: Several Pinks Screens - Solid Pink after DL & before checking Receiver

Issue: FF Time/Progress Bar - Time/Progress Bar arrow does not progress going forward or backwards.

Issue: More Info Button - Info does not default to highlighting the Channel Banner More info Button

Issue: Dish Alignment Test - Run System Test Get 2. Dish Alignment Test not run. The dish alignment test was not performed. Diagnostic Code 74

Issue: 30Slip - Can't get beyond one Slip at a time. And that first one even goes backwards.

Issue: PlayList Date Column - PlayList Date Column is too narrow to get Full Date.

Issue: Channel 1999 - There is two of them in the CIG Guide.

Issue: Recording Tips - Recording Tips are showing up while its setting is in the OFF Position.

Issue: Deleting Recording - Deleting Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead it randomly kicks you out of the SDGUI completely. (A carry-over from the SDGUI)

Issue: Lockup after Recording Deletion - Both Remote & Panel had no response after letting Recording run to its end and use the Popup Deletion Box. Box disappeared and everything froze

Issue: TVapps - The only response from the TV App Store is . . .Sorry, we are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later. My HR34-700 is also listed as Deleted at the DirecTV My App website.

Issue: Search 30 Characters Limit - Existing 30+ Character Boolean Searches still work erratically. Can't fix or create new ones because of the limit.​

So has anything CHANGED from the last one you did ?
What happens AFTER the first 24 hours, we all know and expect sluggishness for the first 24 hours.

DirecTV2PC now sees the HMC HR34 PlayList. And White BG seems to be gone. Runaways they took care of last week. At one a week, there's twelve weeks of work ahead before the HDGUI gets release.

After about 36 hours of using the new CE here are some issues (most of which are continuing issues from previous releases) that I've noticed:

1. Pink screen on installing and checking for receiver screen.

2. Poor MRV connections - when playing recordings on other receivers in MRV (H25s) I have to consistently press "try again" for recordings to play. This issue has been present on the NR as well as the CEs. It has improved with each CE but it's still present.

3. When using TV apps, I was able to access the App Store, however, when I left TV apps the box locked up. This happened multiple times.

4. The guide is still very glitchy when scrolling up and down. You see fragments of the guide get misplaced and the guide locks up for a few seconds.

5. Almost each and every time you turn the box on when it's off (along with the TV being off) you get a gray screen and no video signal from the box. This issue started with last weeks CE release and has continued. I do not recall ever having this issue with the first CE for the HR-34.

I'm sure I will find some more things but again these are the things I've found in just 36 hours. This software release has a long way to go, especially considering they haven't addressed anything that was caught in last weeks CE release. :mad:

After about 36 hours of using the new CE here are some issues (most of which are continuing issues from previous releases) that I've noticed:

1. Pink screen on installing and checking for receiver screen.

2. Poor MRV connections - when playing recordings on other receivers in MRV (H25s) I have to consistently press "try again" for recordings to play. This issue has been present on the NR as well as the CEs. It has improved with each CE but it's still present.

3. When using TV apps, I was able to access the App Store, however, when I left TV apps the box locked up. This happened multiple times.

4. The guide is still very glitchy when scrolling up and down. You see fragments of the guide get misplaced and the guide locks up for a few seconds.

5. Almost each and every time you turn the box on when it's off (along with the TV being off) you get a gray screen and no video signal from the box. This issue started with last weeks CE release and has continued. I do not recall ever having this issue with the first CE for the HR-34.

I'm sure I will find some more things but again these are the things I've found in just 36 hours. This software release has a long way to go, especially considering they haven't addressed anything that was caught in last weeks CE release. :mad:

I thought the Pick screen thing was constant, not while the set up was going on.

We've had the Pick flash when the unit is checking things during the d/l as well, just never considered it a problem as it has never happened once the d/l process was done.

As for the other stuff, your on your own, you and the other HR34 guys that is, I don 't have one to try to help too much.

I have been running this one now for three days and It is an improvement. I took both of the first two off after one or two days. This still needs a lot of polish as I have seen many of the issues Druzifer reported but nothing yet bad enough to take it off. The previous ones were very buggy screwing up recordings by either not getting them at all or not shutting them off.

AlaJoe said:
I have been running this one now for three days and It is an improvement. I took both of the first two off after one or two days. This still needs a lot of polish as I have seen many of the issues Druzifer reported but nothing yet bad enough to take it off. The previous ones were very buggy screwing up recordings by either not getting them at all or not shutting them off.

I agree. This release is definitely an improvement but long way to go. I haven't had the no signal issue the last few days so thats a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)