CE for 1/13 Weekend

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
that time again and it being Friday the 13th wonder if we will get anything good :)

I'm hoping some improvements are made to the HD Guide for the HR-34. Last week's CE was horrible. I had to go back to the NR. I'm going to give it another shot this week.

I have to say I wonder sometimes if they actually send out the same release a second or even third time just with a new number on it to get people to try it again and judge how much feedback perceived verse actual.

I have to say I wonder sometimes if they actually send out the same release a second or even third time just with a new number on it to get people to try it again and judge how much feedback perceived verse actual.

They are always tweaking things, I doubt they would benefit much from that.

What's the best way to get feedback to DirecTV? I love the new UI, but I hate that they disabled the feature allowing you to PAUSE live TV when viewing your LIST of recorded programs. Now PAUSE will start the current program in the LIST. That sucks. :(

I also noticed some strange white and red artifacts on my Samsung 50" plasma. I have not tracked the cause down, but I have noticed that my display used to run in 720P, but now runs in 1080P. My OSD for my receiver only works in 720P, so it was obvious when this change was made...

Thanks!!

--jerlev

What's the best way to get feedback to DirecTV? I love the new UI, but I hate that they disabled the feature allowing you to PAUSE live TV when viewing your LIST of recorded programs. Now PAUSE will start the current program in the LIST. That sucks. :(
--jerlev

I would say just voicing your opinion in here is the right way to go. The change you're referring to is part of the CE program we're participating in even though it's not as big a change as HD GUI, nor does it interfere with proper function. Our user experience is part of what needs to be modified also, and on this case specifically I agree with you 100%.

The size of the dvr buffer pop-up got modified a few weeks ago and I'm sure the user feedback was part of the reason for that change.

The trickplay ability while the guide was up was a great feature, which may have been underutilized, but I'd say it was because not many knew you could even do it. I still don't see the purpose of pressing the pause button to play a highlighted event in your list. There's a big, juicy, play button right above it that should handle that job fine enough!

Jimbo said:
Gig,
What version do you have or did you have from last w/e ? and what is the NR ?

I reverted back to NR last week due to issues. Honestly, I'm laying in bed sick right now so I'm not sure version. I was just going to go start the download and then come back to bed.

I reverted back to NR last week due to issues. Honestly, I'm laying in bed sick right now so I'm not sure version. I was just going to go start the download and then come back to bed.

Hold off because I haven't seen anything up for it yet.

Get better bud, you can do the CE when your better .

If you want to do it tonight, I'll post when I see it up for you.

Jimbo said:
Hold off because I haven't seen anything up for it yet.

Get better bud, you can do the CE when your better .

If you want to do it tonight, I'll post when I see it up for you.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. It's just a bad cold, nothing that a little rest won't knock out of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts