HR34 CE Release 3/1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
HR34:

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday February 22, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday February 23, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: HIGH RISK

Warning: You will lose your series links and recordings if you download this CE and revert to the national release!

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues. When possible please use REPORT ALL.
HIGH RISK

Pay careful attention to the WARNING in RED - reverting from this CE has consequences.

Any ideas what the consequences could be on the HR34? Thanks for any help and makes me wonder :)

Any ideas what the consequences could be on the HR34? Thanks for any help and makes me wonder :)

Like the warning in red says:

Warning: You will lose your series links and recordings if you download this CE and revert to the national release!

Go back to the national release and you'll lose your recordings and series links.

Like the warning in red says:

Go back to the national release and you'll lose your recordings and series links.

Thanks so if I download and I go back to National Release I will lose everything or will it go back to NR on this CE? Just to make sure I understand it and Thank You very much for help and explanation :)

Yup, go back and start over, literally. Another thread in the CE area where this happened to someone on last weeks HR34 CE as well.

Yup, go back and start over, literally. Another thread in the CE area where this happened to someone on last weeks HR34 CE as well.

Thank you very much for explanation and I will have to think about this one whether or not to do it I don't want to lose Pandora and other things.I had no problems with last weeks CE on HR34 so far except the HD TV Apps don't come up always and I did restart yesterday and it is working now :)

so lemme understand this.....

update to the CE and lets say you dont like it and go back to N/R you basically just re-virginilized your receiver because it wipes it clean of everything you recorded?

OH HELL NO

Would there be a reason that my genie can't find the software? I had a problem earlier this week with a h24 finding the NR never worked so I gave up. Would a refresh work?

Hr24 downloaded like a champ. Still no Genie software.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
so lemme understand this.....

update to the CE and lets say you dont like it and go back to N/R you basically just re-virginilized your receiver because it wipes it clean of everything you recorded?

OH HELL NO

Exactly what it did to mine and all my series manager too.........

Exactly what it did to mine and all my series manager too.........

no thanks....got too many series that have 0 episodes coming up (shows that are on the cable channels) so dont want to lose them
oh and the 12 college hockey games sitting on the drive right now too ;)

no thanks....got too many series that have 0 episodes coming up (shows that are on the cable channels) so dont want to lose them
oh and the 12 college hockey games sitting on the drive right now too ;)

I had all recordings going back to when I got it in January 2012 erased. I had a lot of stuff I really didn't want to lose. DirecTV was going to replace it as defective and I said let me see how it acts this weekend first. Then I read today's notes on this release and I was like..... Wow. The reason I was reverting to the nr release was I was getting complete freeze ups at least once a day and having to do a physical reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)